It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census Taker Recognized As On Sex Offender Registry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Is it a wise idea to have registered sex offenders going door to door representing the Census? Seems a little bit iffy to me.

NJ Mom Recognizes Census Worker as Sex Offender

A man with a U.S. census badge knocked on Amy Schmalbach’s door on May 4. Thinking that answering the door to a government worker was a safe bet, she did. And then she wondered why he looked so familiar.

As soon as the man left her Pennsauken home, Schmalbach realized where she had seen him before: on the state’s sex-offender registry.

"I figured this is a government worker, I'm safe," Schmalbach, 33, told the Inquirer. She had given him names and birthdates of her family to the man who called himself “Jamie.”

The man’s real name is Frank J. Kuni, but goes by many aliases, including Jamie Shepard. It was under the name “Jamie Shepard” that he applied for a door-to-door job with the census bureau.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

It's quite scary that they hired him and sent him out door-to-door BEFORE his criminal checks had been completed. Total incompetence from those involved in hiring this perv!

join