It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Cop looking for directions kills woman's dog

www.youtube.com

Woman captures officer shooting dog on home surveillance camera.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+14 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wonder if TPTB foresaw that cameras everywhere would expose the crimes of their "enforcers" as often as they do? Perhaps like some the refuse to believe that a significant number of LE are just poor cops and worse.
The claim was the cop was in fear for his life, from a 35lb terrier, so he gunned him.
Again as it seems to be the case the story morphed when the video was produced as when the raid that killed a child in Detroit did and as it did when the police capped the bulldog and corgi in another military style assault gone awry.
This one however is just plain cowardice. Or bravado for his ride along. Either way when a man comes on your property asking for directions and kills your dog for running out to him it is wrong if they are a cop or not.
N.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+27 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
They dont care that there are cameras everywhere.

How often is a politician caught bold faced lying on record by audio and video and when called out on it just continues to lie?

These cops are the same. Can do no wrong. And when they're caught straight up doing wrong they refuse to admit any wrongdoing and spin their action into "right-doing."

That dog is gone. It was loved and now it's gone forever.

I wounder if the cop would have shot her kid if her kid went running to him?

I would most likely spend the rest of my life in prison but not shooting back at the son of a bitch who shoots my dog would be a very difficult thing for me to do. I'd sooner rot in prison avenging my dog than my wife and that's the truth. Dont mess with my damn dog.

+7 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What the HELL! They tried to BRIBE her? Just waiting to see the defenders come flocking in to mitigate the circumstances and justify the shooting. Law enforcement never ceases to disgust me.

+15 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am glad she went public, and I hope it goes viral.

What a complete and utter jerk. He was so controlled, you can tell he wasnt afraid by his body language.

@#$%&%$.

+26 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yup. Hand on gun. Calm steps back.

Had all the time in the world.

If he didnt want to kill the dog he could have stepped back into his cruiser.

This is where all those creepy kids who mutilate squirrels and play with road kill go. Into law enforcement.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

its just a Dog, seeing the Video,
it was running full throtal at the copper,
he was right in shooting it,

yes i know i will be gunned down by the animal lovers of ATS

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm trying to understand, why is it that almost all the cop brutality videos I see posted here are from the US? Has it got something to do with their training? I mean who in their right mind would do this? And as other posters have said, calm and collected. Fearing for his life - BS Delux!

And I don't see how he couldn't have got back into his car, especially if he was so "afraid"

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

+15 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Why would a police officer stop at a random house to ask for directions???
That does not make sense.

link   

TPTB are not the guys doing the raping and robbing. The police are the minions of TPTB, just like the military is.

Dumb idiots with guns. A dangerous thing. We are surrounded by them and they are bought and paid for.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Visitor2012]

link   
Big mistake in killing a cute little puppy dog. Many people who could care less about the police brutally killing a 7 year old black girl in her sleep, will be horrified by this. I'm thinking back to Katrina when we had the pictures of young black kids outside the Superdome in a scene reminiscent of some African tragedy. I personally know a couple of people who didn't bat an eyelash at poor inner city kids begging for help on the news after that disaster, but who got all emotional at the animals left by their owners.

+14 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

It has nothing to do with Animal Lovers. It is about personal rights, property, and self defense. What if that had been a kid running at him? My kids weigh more than 35lbs, they scream louder than a dog, and they are often "armed" with bb guns, bows, bats, etc. They also would run to the defense of their beloved pets, so is it ok for a cowardly cop to shoot them as well?

What if I hire a security guard? What if he sees an armed man in a sloppy uniform approaching so he demands that the intruder stops and he reaches for his own gun? Should the trespassing cop shoot him too?

You never, never, never, never go onto someone's property and damage or kill anything. Even if you are in fear of your own life, you are the trespasser and you should retreat! This cop would encounter a whole lot of bad luck if that were my dog! I don't know if someone so cowardly and trigger happy could survive the amount of 'accidents' he would shortly encounter.

+17 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Nah man it's all good, your right it was just a dog( ~30lbs and not showing any signs of aggression) and he WAS running at the 200+lb cop. So yeah I guess in your mind all is well with the world. So if I come a knocking on your door and your pet "comes at me" it is A-OK to cap the critter in it's own home?
Man your world must suck to take such a cavalier view of a persons rights while in their home. Or to have the need of an authority figure so badly you are willing to accept this as A-OK.
N.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Im a cop defender and I believe theyre mostly good but this guy needs to be shot. Especially because he stopped just to ask for directions, your showing up unannounced and your gonna shoot her dog. I don't know if I could've controlled myself I cherish my dog so much, it would feel like them shooting my best friend how could he do that? Im so glad there is a video, he needs to be publicly shamed and punished.

Honestly made me sick to my stomach, I just love those little guys so much.

+8 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is horrible. This cop should be tried for murder. When a civilian kills a police dog, they are charged with murder so it should work the other way around as well. In fact, police officers should be held to a higher standard since they are supposed to be representing the law. The police seem to have stopped serving the public and instead, they are serving a police state. When are the people going to start holding the authorities accountable and demand our god/s given liberties.

What a shame as there are many good police officers still out there, they just happen to be over-shadowed by the cops on a power trip. This police officer needs to be in prison, period.

--airspoon

[edit on 18-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hey what a surprise! Another dirty rotten stinking cop does something awful. The type of person that they hire for cops these days have to have a certain demeanor to be hired. What demeanor is that you ask? Well they have to be overly aggressive with no conscience and also get a rush out of the power they have over others. That is why you see this stuff from cops. They used to look for people who had a different kind of personality. They used to look for people with a strong sense of community, who were calm and collected with high moral standards. Those guys are a bit harder to find these days. But the real culprit in the change is that the departments are actively looking for the sickos they hire today instead. Cops are so worthless these days that my little old mom who has never even received a ticket in her life has been treated like crud by them. She is deathly afraid of them anymore. If that cop pulled out his gun in my yard it would be him taking the drop.

+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There has to be some sort of connection that hasn't been made yet. A cop just stopping at a random persons house to ask directions? Something is missing and I think that asking for directions was the coverup to the real reason he was there. What that reason is I don't know, but a cop asking for directions in his own town? Isn't that one of the dispatchers duties? Why would he not ask the dispatcher for help?

That cop had plenty of time to get back into his car, but instead he chooses to use lethal force. He should of just gotten into his car and called animal control. Not to mention that a stungun could have stopped the dog. Shock collars are extremely useful if you have a dog that just won't stop roaming.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I did a couple of searches to find straight news articles about this and apparently this is pretty old.

The earliest report I saw with a cop stopping for directions and shooting a dog with this video was in 2008.

Can't copy an paste links with the mobile device I'm on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Got it

reason.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Cops are loaded with an arsenal of weapons! A baton, mace, tazor, his boot; any of these non lethal weapons would suffice. The officer should be charged with animal cruellty, trespassing and any number of other charges they happily tack on to any person they arrest! The county, city, and state should all be sued and pay a righteous amount for this murder! After all, that's what you and I would be charged with if we maliciously gunned down a police dog!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join