It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plot against the Pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Two foreign students from Morocco were expelled from Italy for plotting to assassinate Pope Benididc XVI.

Italy expelled Moroccans on suspicion of Pope plot

ROME (Reuters) - Two Moroccan students deported from Italy last month were suspected of plotting to assassinate Pope Benedict, an Interior Ministry source said on Friday.

Mohamed Hlal, 26, and Ahmed Errahmouni, 22, students at the University for Foreigners in the central Italian city of Perugia, had been under surveillance by anti-terrorist police for months before they were expelled on April 29.

"During their inquiry, investigators found evidence suggesting the two (suspects) were plotting an attack on the pope," said the source.

An interior ministry statement issued at the time of their deportation said they were being expelled under prevention of terrorism laws.

Six other foreign students, suspected of contacts with militant Islamic groups, are still under investigation.

Read more: Reuters India

I'm surprised they're blaming "Militant Islamic groups" for this one. From what I remember about the attempt against JP II, the guy was a muslim but was put up to it by the commies.

Is this another attempt by the MSM to keep us in fear of "muslim extremists"?

[edit on 5/15/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What, nothing, not even some silly pic of Pope Benny?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7eadba3e8933.jpg[/atsimg]

I know it's not the most groundbreaking news out there but no one has an opinion on this?

new topics

join