It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salazar: Latest effort to stop oil leak hits snag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Salazar: Latest effort to stop oil leak hits snag

news.yahoo.com

HAMMOND, La. – At first, BP tried to stop the oil rushing into the Gulf of Mexico by flipping a blowout preventer switch. A week ago, they attempted to capture the leak with a 100-ton box. Now they've hit a snag as they try to guide a mile-long tube into the gusher to siphon the oil.
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said BP PLC had a problem Saturday with the latest effort to stop the leak, but was continuing its work at the ocean floor.
"There was a problem. They had to reconfigure. They are back down again ... trying to get it inserted," he told reporters during a briefing at a bird res
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Of course it's saturday afternoon... perfect time to announce another failure while america is out shopping and getting wasted. Only the obsessed like me (and you) are around to lap up the story. Of course there is a chasm spewing oil like a volcano (not yet admitted) that cannot be capped; cannot "drink this milkshake."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I did get wasted, but I'm not ignorant like most of my fellow citizens lol. It seems that its hard to stop a leaking pipe...hire a plumber for freaks sake and let them do the job. Its not that hard. Have a funnel shaped attachement to the end of the pipe and lower it onto the leaking pipe and voila. Problem solved.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yes... I am with you there. Saturday is a good time to admit more failure... But let all news sources tell you that our Government is doing everything in their power. Maybe at least next week they will do something about it. I'm going to go shave my head now.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I did get wasted, but I'm not ignorant like most of my fellow citizens lol. It seems that its hard to stop a leaking pipe...hire a plumber for freaks sake and let them do the job. Its not that hard. Have a funnel shaped attachement to the end of the pipe and lower it onto the leaking pipe and voila. Problem solved.

Seems you are still wasted..

They tried this already and failed

top topics

join