It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss Artist Catalogs Mutant Insects Around Nuke Plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I though this was quite interesting as it shows the mutations that occurring, ok so you can get mutations in a normal environment which is about 3% but when you encounter a figure up to 30% then you may ponder the long term effects.

To put it in the artist own words "For me, the mutated bugs were like prototypes of a future nature,".

When I look at the images is does seem wrong to have affected such beautiful forms in such a drastic way.

It also makes me wonder about the damage we cannot see, The current oil spill, the countless smaller disasters we do not hear about, I think we really living on borrowed time, soon we will have to pay up.

Article Source

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Looks cool I guess, but kinda pointless without the regular version beside the mutant imo.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that insects adapt to the environment. However I'd have thought that if mankind had much to do with their demise, then evolution would be little defence against our negative effects. So I reckon these are probably "non CO2 climate change" mutations!!!

Fact is that over 30 percent of the world's species have gone extinct in the last 30 years. This is mostly because of third world e.g. Brazillians housing their growing populations on natures lungs.

But the only (major) time mankind speeds up the mutation rate, is when we've made the environment radioactive.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

The magnetosphere is all screwed up, the sun is acting weird and letting cosmic radiations reach the earth. It may be the reason for evolutionary jumps in earth's history.

The mutated species she drew... Are they reproducing?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NLDelta9

If you look closely at the symmetry of the patterns it is unbalanced.

With future generations in danger of reproducing these mutations.

For me it is like looking at a fine art masterpiece and dropping a blob on ink on it by accident.

Oops!

top topics

join