It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that the Space Shuttle is retiring...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Now that the Space Shuttle is retiring... can we finally get on with developing the Gravity Control Technologies flying saucer?

"Welcome to Gravity Control Technologies"
www.gctspace.com...

I think it uses Burkhard Heim's physics.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by Larryman]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Only the Atlantis is retiring.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Anti-grav would be awesome, but the future in space flight today are companies like Virgin galactic and Armadillo Aerospace. Their composite air crafts are a big improvement to the materials that NASA used...

I still don't understand why NASA didn't developed a successor to the current Space Shuttle model. Every other company would do exactly that. Look at microsoft, they started of with DOS and the rest is history... :-)
They could have redrawn the plans with todays materials, technology and computer power...

And I hope that the research and development done by privately owned companies leads to everyone of us having a puffin, the 1 person tilt-rotor aircraft :-)

Just my .2$

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There are only two additional scheduled mission for the shuttle after this one. Then they will be retired.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

Virgin galactic and Armadillo Aerospace are only developing technologies for access to low Earth orbit. The GCT saucer could go to the Moon, Mars, and (I think) also inter-stellar.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

That might be true, but it is years away of even an unmanned test flight, let alone a proof of concept prototype...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

NASA is supposed to be getting new money for research and developing better propulsion systems. The GCT technology concept should qualify for that.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
According to this Space.com article:
"Aging NASA Labs Need $2 Billion Makeover"
www.space.com...

... a lot of NASA money will be used to fix research labs. Now does anyone know if any of those labs will contain a torrid-shaped plasma accelerator?

new topics

top topics

join