It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quasars disprove Einsteinian physics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Found this article while arguing about time with another ATSer, I'm sure some will find this very enlightening!

www.physorg.com...

Astronomer Mike Hawkins from the Royal Observatory in Edinburgh came to this conclusion after looking at nearly 900 quasars over periods of up to 28 years. When comparing the light patterns of quasars located about 6 billion light years from us and those located 10 billion light years away, he was surprised to find that the light signatures of the two samples were exactly the same.

There’s also a possibility that the explanation could be even more far-reaching, such as that the universe is not expanding and that the big bang theory is wrong. Or, quasars may not be located at the distances indicated by their redshifts, although this suggestion has previously been discredited.

Interesting stuff if you ask me!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

there's already an existing thread on this topic:

Quasars - Why Einstein Was Wrong

I'm not sure if the correct forum for these threads is science or space exploration, but whichever is the right forum, we still don't need a duplicate thread.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ah, I didn't realize that thread touched up on the issue with no time dilation observed with quasars. I've seen the thread, but forgot it mentioned that as it shows a lot of things that flies against Einsteinian physics. It is the correct forum at least though as this has to do with science, where else would a science topic go if not the science thread? It's not *just* space related as it involves the disproof of Einstein, which is general science as far as I can tell.

Anyways, mods can delete the thread for my oversight.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What was supposed to happen to the light that was measured that
flies in the face of the red shift findings.
The reference to Einstein is vague not being into his physics.
What other thing happens to light other than red shift that proves
the gaseous ether.

top topics

join