It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rats! Mans true best friend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have herd people say dogs dont feel pain the same as we do! and that they dont dream! I bet they never had a pet who they love’d. they say gold fish dont have memories. I have 3 gold fish. when they see me. they come to the side of the tank and swim up and down. (saying feed us!). I bet if you put in as much time as you do teaching a human child, to a animal say a monkey or dog. then you would really see how intelligent they are. monkey can use sign to speak.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Rats are great pets. And they are actually pretty clean.

I gained a respect for any rat when I read they can tread water for 24 hours.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We had mouse problems in our house, then we got the rats and the mice just went away. Yes and they were very clean even though we bathed them.
The sad thing is they don’t live very long and its heart breaking when they die

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I do agree with you. My rat chucky passed away a month ago. Before he passed he gave me a hug out of no where.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I used to keep mice and they were pretty smart XD
One used to follow my hand around and they was all so cute and fluffy ^__^

We have 6 ferrets now. they love to play and be chased. we used to have one and he would chase you until you chased him back. adorable.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I realize no one has responded to this thread in a long time, but I looked up pet rats and enjoyed reading some your experiences of having them as pets, reminded me of my own who also sadly passed away over a year ago. Sweet to hear that your rat hugged you before he died. I feel like they must sense the end of their days. My rat was very shy, I got him when he was a bit older and although he let me pet him he didn't like to be picked up or handled, and generally didn't like being touched by other people. Never bit or attacked, just a sweet shy little critter. But towards the end of his life he grew more affectionate and would let me pick him up and put him in my lap. He also exhibited more affectionate behavior anytime I was upset. In fact one of the times he layed with me the longest and allowed me to pet him was when I was crying for some reason, dripping tears all over his tiny little body, but he didn't seem to mind a bit, layed there peacefully and rubbed his little head against my hand. They truly make great pets.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join