It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Seeks to Expand Access to Women's Restrooms in Federal Buildings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Congress Seeks to Expand Access to Women's Restrooms in Federal Buildings

www.foxnews.com

he House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held hearings Wednesday on the "Potty Parity Act," a bill that seeks to address the unequal number of restroom facilities for women in federal buildings.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held hearings Wednesday on the "Potty Parity Act," a bill that seeks to address the unequal number of restroom facilities for women in federal buildings by requiring at least a 1-to-1 ratio for toilets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
10% unemployment, Iran building nukes, global currencies in free-fall, immigration issues and our congress is debating how many toilets should be on federal property. No wonder why folks just laugh at the government.

Now it might be that there are an insufficient number of toilets in particular buildings to support the number of women who work in that facility. OK, that sounds to me like a facilities issue. Have the building managment expand the bathroom facilities. Many of these buildings were designed when there were not as many women in the workforce. Cool. Remodel the buildings to conform with the current workforce. Does a congressional committee really have to discuss the matter?

Why does everything have to be an equality issue? "We need to determine that women have equal access to toilets as men? What rubbish. If the women need more toilets than men, should'nt they have more toilets?

If it is an immediate issue, get rid of the urinals and make every unit a stall and make them all co-ed.

I've always wished we had those couches in men's rooms anyway. I often get the vapors and need a lie down.

I think that men have unequal access to restroom couches.

These folks can not solve a problem that a 5 year old could solve without making it a political issue.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have a much more reasonable solution to this legislative dilemma.

Unisex bathrooms.

Oh, wait, we can't trust them to behave in there, can we?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You have no idea how important this issue is for congress. I know that when iran attacks america, alot of people going to be #ting themselves and what matters is that there is no queuing!

Haha, i agree with OP, this is pointless.

new topics

top topics

join