It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigators: Obama using Connecticut Soc. Sec. Number!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

3 experts insist White House answer new questions about documentation

Two private investigators working independently are asking why President Obama is using a Social Security number set aside for applicants in Connecticut while there is no record he ever had a mailing address in the state. In addition, the records indicate the number was issued between 1977 and 1979, yet Obama's earliest employment reportedly was in 1975 at a Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop in Oahu, Hawaii.

Affidavits filed separately in a presidential eligibility lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia by Ohio licensed private investigator Susan Daniels and Colorado private investigator John N. Sampson. The investigators believe Obama needs to explain why he is using a Social Security number reserved for Connecticut applicants that was issued at a date later than he is known to have held employment.

The Social Security website confirms the first three numbers in his ID are reserved for applicants with Connecticut addresses, 040-049. "Since 1973, Social Security numbers have been issued by our central office," the Social Security website explains. "The first three (3) digits of a person's social security number are determined by the ZIP code of the mailing address shown on the application for a social security number."

The question is being raised amid speculation about the president's history fueled by an extraordinary lack of public documentation. Along with his original birth certificate, Obama also has not released educational records, scholarly articles, passport documents, medical records, papers from his service in the Illinois state Senate, Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records and adoption papers.
To verify the number was issued by the Social Security Administration for applicants in Connecticut, Daniels used a Social Security number verification database. She found that the numbers immediately before and immediately after Obama's were issued to Connecticut applicants between the years 1977 and 1979.

"There is obviously a case of fraud going on here," Daniels maintained. "In 15 years of having a private investigator's license in Ohio, I've never seen the Social Security Administration make a mistake of issuing a Connecticut Social Security number to a person who lived in Hawaii. There is no family connection that would appear to explain the anomaly."

Source: www.wnd.com...

So, Conspriacy at it's finest. Personally, I think these people are off-probably due to what they preceive as Obama SS# etc. On the face and the way the article is presented, yes-they are on to something IF they are correct. The info about the database for SS#'s is correct-as far as I understand it when I use such things at work.

Be advised, this report is loaded with details. can get confusing it you don't stay with it to the Kicker at the end. Interesting.

That being said, anyone who knows of such S.S. things can elaborate on? Just more curious things pop up each week or so. Obama should be able to respond to this easily enough-if he has nothing to hide.

I have to say that all of these investigators must feel confident in their results/findings to put in court actions and also risk their professional reputations.

NOTE: I am not an expert on this subject. I just posted an article. Relax. If you have issues with the contents of the article, take it up with them.

+25 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There was a time when you did not recieve a social security number at birth. I was born around the same time as Obama and did not get a social security number until I was ready to sign up for the military at 17 years of age. When my mom marched all of us kids down to the Social Security office and got us all social security numbers all sequential which is rather weird. If Obama applied in person at a Social Security Office in Connecticut then his number will be a Connecticut number. In the 70s one did not neccesarily have to have a Social Security number to work especially if under tha age of 16 Obama would have been in 1975 Obama would have been 14 the same age as me pretty common for kids to work summer jobs back then.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

i concur with you about the age you needed a SS# back then. I think I am close to Obama age but since that is even in question... I will leave that one hang.

Anyway, that is why I am hoping someone here that may work in SS area or another area that can read this article and ascertain if these investigators are onto something. I am doing additional checking with some people I know.

But honestly, this is a sensitive area and I just don't see much getting proven (or disproven) without it going to court-and even then, I am sure a gag order or no-release of info stamp will go on the whole file.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by anon72]

+7 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The first three numbers of your Social Security Number corresponds with the state you are living when the number is issued.

I wonder how much money Obama will spend trying to defend and hide this, like he did with his birth certificate?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As much as I distrust Obama. And feel he is ineligible to hold the position of President. And hope this somehow helps find more evidence to support his ineligibility.

However. Just to point a few things out. You don't have to have a SSN to get a job. You could use a TIN. Even then it's optional if you know how to navigate the system.

Gotta remember, that many years ago. In smaller areas. People were able to just walk in and start working, and they got paid at the end of the week, etc.

Only recently have we moved to a system of full digital disclosure and tracking for nearly ALL employment.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The first three numbers of your Social Security Number corresponds with the state you are living when the number is issued.

This is not true. Prior to 1972 it would of been the field office that issued the number. So Obama, or his mom, could of for whatever reason mailed his application to Connecticut or if they were visiting there they could have stopped in the office and got one right there. After 1972, it is the mailing address on the application that doesn't have to be your residence (why...I don't know).

Here it is, straight from the Social Security Website

The Area Number is assigned by the geographical region. Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office. Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant's mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence of the applicant, either prior to 1972 or since.

If it is true...it is odd...but I don't think this proves anything other than he got his card issued in Connecticut. I don't know why he would have to "answer" for having a valid SS# issued inside the United States.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Excellent reply. This is why I posted it. You can't beat the knowledge that members here posses.

Now, a lot may come into play. but we'll see.

So, for what I gather is, someone (mom etc) could have applied for him at a local office in Conn?, even though they resided in Hawaii-vai mailing or in person (if they did at the time)?

As far as proving it etc, I was referring to the lawsuits. But if you are correct, the suits will be tossed. I would assume Obama would have to make some statement as to his SS # and how he got it. Maybe?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

My sister and I were born in the same hospital 2 years apart and we have different "first three numbers" in our social security number. My kids were born in the same city as I and their numbers are different as well. I was born in 58 and my sister was born in 60. Kids were 78,79,81

sorry outkast, your post wasn't there when I started typing.

[edit on Wed May 12th, 2010 by damwel]

[edit on Wed May 12th, 2010 by damwel]

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
If it is true...it is odd...but I don't think this proves anything other than he got his card issued in Connecticut. I don't know why he would have to "answer" for having a valid SS# issued inside the United States.

Well....let's see how plausible your theory actually is.

How many people on this site, no matter the year, have a social security number issued from a state you have never lived in & weren't born in?

I'm being serious. My guess is that this number is very low and is yet another "fluke" surrounding Obama's birth.

Frankly, I've never seen the truth have so many oddities, questions, confusions, odd coincidences, and the like.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
www.ssa.gov...

Number Has Three Parts

The nine-digit SSN is composed of three parts:

* The first set of three digits is called the Area Number
* The second set of two digits is called the Group Number
* The final set of four digits is the Serial Number

Area Number

The Area Number is assigned by the geographical region. Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office. Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant's mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence of the applicant, either prior to 1972 or since.

Generally, numbers were assigned beginning in the northeast and moving westward. So people on the east coast have the lowest numbers and those on the west coast have the highest numbers.

Note: One should not make too much of the "geographical code." It is not meant to be any kind of useable geographical information. The numbering scheme was designed in 1936 (before computers) to make it easier for SSA to store the applications in our files in Baltimore since the files were organized by regions as well as alphabetically. It was really just a bookkeeping device for our own internal use and was never intended to be anything more than that.

This is more funny...

www.ssa.gov...

Group Numbers

Apparently due to the fact that the middle digits of the SSN are referred to as the "group number," some people have misconstrued this to mean that the "group number" refers to racial groupings. So a myth goes around from time-to-time that encoded in a person's SSN is a key to their race. This simply is not true.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here's some more information:

Prior to 1973, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the office code in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be in the area where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office.

OK....so we now know he would have had to go to the Connecticut Social Security office to apply. It would be completely illogical to think he randomly chose to mail it to Connecticut if he was living in another state.

Area numbers are the first three and this is Connecticut's:

The chart below shows the first 3 digits of the social security numbers assigned throughout the United States and its possessions.

040-049 Connecticut

Everybody should go to this link:

www.socialsecurity.gov...

and see whether or not your social security number fits into the guidelines.

Let's see how many oddities we can come up with in order to determine how realistic it would be for Obama to have a CT number legitimately.

Mine checks out.

This is based on the honor system since NOBODY should give out their social....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

It's done by ranges. The first three numbers are not the same for every person born in the same state. For example, the ranges by state can be:

001-003 New Hampshire
261-267 Florida
449-467 Texas
531-539 Washington...

So, if your Social Security number comes from Florida, it can start with 261, 262, 263....267....and so on....

Source: www.socialsecurity.gov...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Prior to 1973 he would have had to have gone... But if the first incident of him needing it is in 1975. Then he wouldn't have had to have gone.

Or am I highly confused?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why do people keep bringing up Obamas eligibility. Nothing is going to happen. Why, because it will be an embarassment to the US. He will find some reason to explain it and that will be that. If you don't want him to be president anymore go out and vote in a couple of years then after he is done people can start really questioning it. Because as everyone puts it TPTB won't need him anymore and will wash their hands of him.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here is some more information that you may want to look into regarding Obama's numerous social security numbers:

Moreover, we can verify many of the Social Security numbers as valid since they’re connected to addresses at which we know Obama resided. Needless to say, there are also a slew of address and social security numbers connected to addresses in states that Obama has no known connection to.

In Obama’s home state, Illinois, Sankey tracked down 16 different addresses for a Barack Obama or a Barack H. Obama, of which all are addresses he was known to have lived at. Two Social Security numbers appear for these addresses, one beginning with 042 and one starting 364.

In California, where Obama attended Occidental College, there are six addresses listed for him, all within easy driving distance of the college. However, there are three Social Security numbers connected to these addresses, 537 and two others, each beginning with 999.

There are no addresses listed in New York where he attended Columbia University, but there is one listed for him in nearby Jackson, NJ, with a Social Security number beginning with 485.

Source: www.westernjournalism.com...

I'm not saying this proves anything --

But how many ATS members have several different Social Security numbers with many being issued from all different states?

Again, at some point, people have to wonder why do many issues surrounding Obama simply defy logic and reasonable circumstance.

Two numbers? Ok.
Two numbers from states where addresses were held? Ok.

Numerous numbers from states in which there was no address ever filed? Huh?? What was that? A random mail-in request for yet another social security number in which he simply randomly chose a state to apply?

Again, huh?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I was born in Texas (early 70s) and my daughter was born in Texas (early 00s) Both of us have SSN with the first 3 digits being in the Texas range according to www.ssa.gov...

Called my mom just now and asked about my brothers. Both of their SSN have the first 3 digits for Texas.

My parents both born in Texas - though she could not remember when she got her SSN. Both of theirs are assigned to Texas.

All of them are different - yet all are assigned to Texas because we were all born in Texas.

As far as this investigation - Im not sure I trust the source. Really not sure what to think about it all.

[edit on May 12th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Never mnd. Should have read further down the article. Didnt realize it kept going

WND has further confirmed that the Social Security number in question links to Obama in the online records maintained by the Selective Service System. Inserting the Social Security number, his birth date and his last name produces a valid Selective Service number.

I still question the source though. No proof - just hearsay.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I agree that nothing will come of this. I think that something odd about this man(Obama), especially regarding his history and paper trail. I should say lack of a paper trail, mostly.

It would be really bad if he were to be removed from office before his term expires, the cities would burn.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

How many people on this site, no matter the year, have a social security number issued from a state you have never lived in & weren't born in?

And what would this prove?

How many people on ATS were born in Hawaii and lived in Indonesia? Does that mean Obama couldn't have?

Like I said...if it is true, then it is odd...but not impossible or illegal. Would I be curious as to why it is...yes I would. Do I think I am entitled to an answer...no I don't. It isn't any of our business really and he could say anything he wants...he could simply say "Yes, we visited Connecticut one year and decided to get a SS card while we were there." And then what...you wouldn't believe him...would you? He isn't required to get a SS card in Hawaii...so this doesn't PROVE anything...and I don't see why he would have to prove anything. It is a valid SSN, no one is questioning that.

I'm not even sure we know for sure what his SSN is...all we have are SSNs tied to addresses he has lived at...unless I'm missing something and he has publicly given out his SSN?

Frankly, I've never seen the truth have so many oddities, questions, confusions, odd coincidences, and the like.

Like what exactly? Most of these internet rumors have been completely debunked...but that doesn't stop you from believing them.

So what oddities, questions, confusions, or odd coincidences are there that are verifiable?

+2 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It isn't any of our business really and he could say anything he wants...he could simply say

Well yes it is. He is the President of the United States. He works for us. ETA: He is suppose to work for us. Currently, I dont think that is the case
It is absolutely our business.

Is your background and official document authenticity our business? Nope. Your just a regular ol' civilian.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join