It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL REASON Behind the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
this is bad i personally didn't expect bp to go this low but then again big boy dick cheny is involved

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Great find. Why does this Not surprise me? Come out, Dick Cheney, wherever your undisclosed location is today, and respond. Please.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
FYI:

Here is an explanation of the Acoustic valve he is referencing.

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmax8
this is bad i personally didn't expect bp to go this low but then again big boy dick cheny is involved

LOL Visit my Halliburton Thread for Halliburton Goodness...

A wonderful message from the CEO of Halliburton David Lesar. F U SLIMEBALL

[edit on 11-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I feel the blame should be squarely on BP's shoulders. Sure, they weren't required by law in the US to install this Acoustic valve, but that doesn't mean they couldn't

And for what, to save a meager $500K on their part?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

I suppose if BP has to pay for 100% of all damages related to this spill then there is no problem with current government regulations. In the future they'll put in the acoustic switch that costs $500,000 but saves $5 billion+ in clean-up costs.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by truthquest]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

BP is only responsible for up to 70 million in clean up.
We will pay for it.
www.cnsnews.com...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by xizd1]

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

What is very interesting is after the Valdez in Alaska lost its load Federal Government required that Oil Companies pay a tax of 8 cents a barrel into a cleanup fund for any future accidents. I heard there was in excess of $1 billion dollars in this fund. What I just found out is when this law was created the oil companies managed to agree to the 8 cents a barrel but were able to get protection from additional liabilities (such as law suites) not to exceed $75 million. So in the end all BP is going to be out $75 million and all the fishermen, beaches, hotels, private citizens, and businesses that are destroyed because of this nightmare will be left with nothing. If you will review the interviews with the head of BP he said they were prepared to spend up to $75 million to clean up and take care of this disaster. Well, thanks once again to the paid off politicians in Washington that is all BP has to do. The tax payer is screwed over again.

I sure we well be told how terrible we are for owning cars and burning oil and this is our fault and poor little BP is struggling over this terrible incident. These guys kill me. And the news and politicians just keep on telling lies.

Can I have some 10w-40 with my shrimp cocktail? Deep fried shrimp in BP Oil. So sad it hurts.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rgzing

UPDATE:

U.S. Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) along with Senators Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) and Bill Nelson (D-FL) introduced legislation yesterday to raise the ceiling on oil company liability for spill damages from $75 million to $10 billion. Making the bill retroactive could prove difficult. Given our continued dependence on fossil fuels, even $10 billion is unlikely to prevent us from falling into greater disasters.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In the Exxon Valdez incident, Exxon was sued for 10 billion dollars. A full twenty years later, in 2008, when Exxon turned history making profits, the supreme court lowered their liability to just 500 million. A number of victims of the spill were already dead by then.

You can go to Prince William Sound right now and dig 8 inches in the dirt and you find black crude. theageofconsent.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I can't watch the video here at work, can anybody write the content of the video here please?
Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
let's hope it'll soon be over

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This reminds me of that saying: "For want of a nail, the shoe was lost, for want of a shoe, the horse was lost, for want of a horse, the battle was lost..."

$500,000 is nothing. It is the price of a horseshoe nail to these companies. I am stunned, speechless, and overcome with rage.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

Well gotta admit it's from a "credible" news sorce, The obama New Network. So, I didn't notice where Mr. Cheney personally ordered BP not to install a acoustic valve? Must've missed that. And last I knew Mr.Cheney severed all ties with Halliburton when he became VP.
Doesn't anybody find it more then a little interesting that after obama say's he's for drill that now suddenly poof we have an oil rig catch fire followed by major oil spill and now he wants a freeze on drilling. And yet China and Russia are still drilling away in the gulf. Now has anybody checked to see if both or either have this Acoustic Valves on their rigs? Bet they don't.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Chance321]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hello,

Is this really BP's fault, are they really to blame for this?

Perhaps im pishing up the wrong tree but.... the almighty might of the two dominating factions that control the world - Rothschild's and Rockerfeller's - have been at war with each other for coming on 12 years now....ok, perhaps longer but still.... and have been showing us through the mainstream media what their intensions are.

Now, COULD this be possable and indeed the same as what we are seeing here with this oil malarky? Are the two factions, at an all time high with each other, and are they now attacking each others money making business'? Seeing as this is where it will hurt either side, no money, no power, it seems likely to me!

Be safe and be well

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
it doesn't really surprise me that some fat american was resposible.
blame bp all you want but im sure they're not the only companies saving a buck.
look at this picture on a larger scale, could this be a plot to remove foreign companies from taking oil. it's what i expected since american media started playing on it whilst ignoring other disasters that have recently struck america.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I find it funny that the guy is not using the proper name of the part but he is right about it's use.

However where is this "switch" if it's in the oil rig? it would not have helped. it's on the bottom of the sea too. and everything got broken up. If it was on the well head then it could have worked if the falling rig hadn't damaged it with all the falling and bent drill baby drill pipes.

I love how a company will take any, ANY short cut to save a buck. They even do research to see if the money saved will be more then the cost of lawsuits for lose of life, then go for the savings even if they know people could die from it.

The mantra of business "people are replaceable profits are not."

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
the real reason why this happened: cheapness, arrogance (blind stupidity masquerading as intelligence) and indifference. board and executives did a risk assessment on the likely hood of this happening and concluded that the cost outweighed the risk. insurance and premiums will bear the cost in a worst case scenario. these people stopped being human a long time ago.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
do you blame the pilot who dropped the abomb or the guy who gave the go ahead.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Can you elaborate? What led you to believe the two are at war with each other? And how would BP tie into it all?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join