It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Disgusts me. So many rules and excuses for rules. So many lost actors. So many automatic thoughts. Pointless events and conversations. Illusion of Freedom. Opinions thrown around all over the place. Too afraid to stand up and do anything, and I am not talking about protesting, I am talking about a thousand times further than that.

Constant Psychological battles being fought against each other without ever knowing it, and division, separating the unity between all.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dave2770

The players with our psyche are very skilled. Thoughtlessness is ingrained deep within those who do not utilize their powerful mind, consciousness. But we must remember, hate never dispelled hate. To rebel with arms and bloodshed will make us no better than those who seek control over every human and piece of land on the planet.

I appreciate your thoughts. Just remember, those in control, and those of us who allow them to be, will soon have their day.

Namaste

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigami
reply to post by dave2770

I appreciate your thoughts. Just remember, those in control, and those of us who allow them to be, will soon have their day.

Namaste

Enigami, while I absolutely agree that hatred/violence only breeds more of the same, I cannot understand the idea that "these people will have their day". As though it is inevitable, following the Karmic principles or what have you. Please do not take offence, I'm just a touch addled by this line of thinking.
It reminds me of my old man, who could be called a Fundamentalist Christian in the sense that he believes the Bible is the literal word of God and that Heaven and Hell await those based on their deeds, acception/rejection of Christ's rule over one's life and thinking. I vividly remember talking with him almost a year ago, and I was getting rather loud and excited in my frustration and abhorance for Mister Cheney, Bush, and politicians inside my country's own non-existent borders. As a means of quelling my passion, or dis-arming the quiet rage...he simply said
"Remember, some people won't be punished in this life, so it's alright."

Dumb-founded, and unwilling to upset his belief, I simply sighed and moved the conversation along. But this very line of thinking is extremely dangerous. It allows dangerous people a lot of lee-way simply believing "oh, they'll get theirs down the track." How do you know this? I'm aware of the laws of thermodynamics, but I don't believe greater mankind obeys these rules.

Greed-heads, sadists, unwavering ignorance and mass-murderers need to be stood up and stood down (I do not necessarily mean physically), because any hope for a balance down the road is a precarious thing at best. ESPECIALLY while the road winds downward all the while; the proverbial vice squeezes shut, and what light remains in the mind's eye of those such as the OP steadily dwindles.

dave2770, I feel what you do mate. Its sickening. Remember though, that the world is ultimately what we are and practice every day. You can take part in movements for change, get on a soap box and put yourself in the firing line. But ultimately, the best you can do and be is yourself; a glimmer--however hurt and disillusioned--of righteous fury and clear headed thought in a world worshipping...burning trash. Destroy these horrors wherever you encounter them, but temper that fury with humility and understand you ultimately live for yourself and those you love. "Be the change you wish to see in the world"...and other such lofty axioms.

join