It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resist the 2010 census

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Did the 2000 census actually take place?

We were never counted in the 2000 census

If it did me and mine were never counted. In fact I don't remembver ever hearing about it. In fact I don't recall anything about any census in the past.

So we have heard about the 2010 census and we have chosen not to participate.

I didn't send in our form and I told the census guy that the government sent around to go away.

We're not gonna play your game.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I just wanted to ask a question, and I am not trying to be a jerk, but do you know why we have a census??

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

I just wanted to ask a question, and I am not trying to be a jerk, but do you know why we have a census??

It's to figure out how many people that government has available to tax.

Start counting the illegal aliens. The United States government is harboring millions of illegal citizens of other countires within it's borders.

Are they counted in the census?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I was young at the time so I never heard about the 2000 census. It doesn't mean that it didn't happen but everything I've ever heard about it is what I've been told.

reply to post by dalan.

From my perspective we are TOLD WHY we have the census, but I have actually never witnessed or saw proof of progress from such. Based on the fact that so many people choose to ignore it, it couldn't hardly be accurate anyway.

The only legitimate reason I see for the census that has made a difference is the number of representatives per state.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

I was young at the time so I never heard about the 2000 census. It doesn't mean that it didn't happen but everything I've ever heard about it is what I've been told.

From my perspective I don't believe that the 2000 census ever took place.

You may have been lied to.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

The only legitimate reason I see for the census that has made a difference is the number of representatives per state.

And that is it exactly, it even says in the Constitution that Congress has to count noses so to say, so that each State can have the correct amount in their House of Representatives.

Just remember that, you do not have to fill out all of the information on the census. Some questions on the census are completely voluntary and have absolutely nothing to do with appointing the correct amount of representatives.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Seems to me that the census is a way to calculate the dept potential in terms of human collateral....I think the original intent has changed over the years.

The census worker came to my door, and I told her I didn't have time to speak with her.
She came back while I was out back in my shop, and when I heard the dogs barking and came up front to check it out, she was questioning my teenage son. I told my son to go inside, and when I told the worker she had no right to be pumping my children for information, she stated that she did have that right and was instructed to do so.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And that is it exactly, it even says in the Constitution that Congress has to count noses so to say, so that each State can have the correct amount in their House of Representatives.

You know they are probably counting illegal aliens in thier census. They just go by postal delivery address yes?

They should just be counting citizens and they are not.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I agree!! Republicans and other like-minded neo-conservatives need to do their part to help protect this great country. Not filling out the census would be a small, yet tangible, action, Freedom First!!

Best,
SN

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The census count is used for allocation of federal dollars to your community. That's money for schools, roads, police, fire protection, bridge repairs, etc. Each person not counted represents approximately $1700 per year for the next ten years that your community won't be getting. If you don't want the census to know you exist, instead of refusing to be counted, just use a fake name. Census workers don't ask for ID, they'll write down whatever you say.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
The OP has no brain and is an ass!

you're right...and...he is trying to destroy our constitution by telling people not to be represented in our congress...all americans should have representation in congress, they are the ones that write our laws, and this guy has no right to tell other people that they cannot be represented, by using some wacked out fear tactic.
it took me 5 minutes to fill out the census....the local video store has more personal info on me than what was in the census...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I remember the 2000 census, I was still a kid at the time, I remember learning all about it in school.

You are aware that the first Census in 1790 asked much the same questions as the one this year? I know it might be hard to realize for us conspiracy theorists but not EVERY thing the government does is some sinister plot.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldUncleDave

Each person not counted represents approximately $1700 per year for the next ten years that your community won't be getting.

Sounds like they should just make up some fake numbers then if they want the money.

If you don't want the census to know you exist, instead of refusing to be counted, just use a fake name. Census workers don't ask for ID, they'll write down whatever you say.

Go count some foriegn nationals

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
they dont come round my parts- they scarred to git neer my trailer! i play wit my guns all day long and targit practise rite thru the walls. they not gonna be brave to come neer my trailer i'll tell you what. i NEVER even has seen a censor-taker once since living heer.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by lemonfresh]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lemonfresh
they dont come round my parts- they scarred to git neer my trailer! i play wit my guns all day long and targit practise rite thru the walls. they not gonna be brave to come neer my trailer i'll tell you what. i NEVER even has seen a censor-taker once since living heer.

So what are you saying.

They don't count hillbillies?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

reply to post by gwydionblack

Just remember that, you do not have to fill out all of the information on the census. Some questions on the census are completely voluntary and have absolutely nothing to do with appointing the correct amount of representatives.

The census is a joke. We threw ours in the trash, where it belongs.

coloradoliberty.org...

"The Census Bureau played a role in the confinement of more than 100,000 Americans of Japanese descent who were rounded up and held in internment camps, many until the war ended in 1945. In 1942, the Census turned over general statistics about where Japanese-Americans lived to the War Department."

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
From Article 1, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution:

The actual Enumeration [of a State's citizen residents] shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

This gives the government the power to make an accounting of the people. Since Article 1, Section 2 of the Constitution is all about the organization of the House of Representatives, this means it's all about counting how many people each state has so they know what states get the most Congressmen.

As for income taxes (which yes we all hate), the Constitution once again gives the government the power to tax us in Amendment #16, which has been in effect for nearly a century, since 1913:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
And you are probably the same type of person that won't pay their
share of taxes either. What brave souls you are. Why can't you try
and grow up a little, sounds like you STILL ARE young, and send in
the goofy piece of paper? You just might have some big guys come
knocking at your door if you don't. Whine, whine, whine.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by endtimer]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I said on the census I was part everything racially. I mean, all I have going to back that is guesses. So it's not accurate. I see no reason why the census is necessarily accurate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join