It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mod Search. ( music mods that is, not do as your told mods)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Any other genuine MODS. on the board?
Listening to late 50's Black American RnB, early 60's white RnB ( Small Faces etc)
Tamla, or Soul generally. Hey I'll settle for Revivalists. I'm a product of the 79- 80 revival myself, just refined my tastes as I got older.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Dude, your speaking a different language. I got nothing from your post. You should rephrase it in layman terms.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
LOL.....I guess there is more than just a large expanse of water between us.
I'm a Mod. I was just wondering if there was any other Mods present.
In my post there is a list of music associated with the Modernist movement circa 57 - 65
and a reference to the fact that the whole scene went through a revival around 79 - 80.

Even though in my opinion the music generated in the revival period wasn't quite up to the standard of the originals. There are of course a few exceptions, most notably the whole two tone genre that was a product of mashing together the old Ska of Prince Buster et al with the modern up and coming white punk styled angst of the late 70's.
The result was the Bodysnatchers, Selecter, The Specials etc etc. Oh and there was quite a good bunch of white soul revivalists as well, the stand out act being Secret Affair.

Somewhere on the Photo's page, around page 26 I think, is a photo of me as a Revival Mod. The style is based around the Sixties Modernists but was a little more street than the refined italian styled originals. These days I'm much more of a sixties Modernist than a revival Mod.

There, make any sense now?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I know this is an old posting but I was a Mod back in the 80's.
Here's a pic taken at the Morcombe scooter rally around 82 I think.
We were the Burton Brewers Scooter Club.
The club was formed in the early 60's and is still going. With an original member believe it or not.
Mines the Vespa on the far right with all the lights. (P125E with a 175cc conversion kit)

[Edited on 28-7-2004 by ANOK]

new topics

top topics

join