It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did something...astral projection perhaps? tl;dr included

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think I astral projected a couple of days ago. I thought I had about half a year ago. But the event that occurred more recently felt more...controllable?

Let me first preface this by saying I've only been able to achieve these states when I'm extremely tired, usually in the afternoon.

It's kind of strange, the first time I was laying on my side, almost in between the sleep and the conscious phase when I felt this rush sensation (it felt like it was in my ears). It was almost like a thumping or pulsing inside my ear, followed by a whoosh sound. (Apparently this is common with astral projection followers, according to Google).

But I remember just floating above the houses near where I was at, coming to a major intersection and seeing an 18 wheeler being pulled over by a police officer. At that point everything just started going really really fast and this overwhelming sensation of fear overcame me and I woke up. I didn't drive to see if there was an 18 wheeler being pulled over. Maybe I should have.

SECOND TIME, the one that occurred a couple of days ago. There was no whoosh sound, but this time I was in total control of myself. Laying on my couch, I started drifting off, and I could feel that weird spinning sensation you sometimes get right before you fall asleep. Only this time I was completely paralyzed, I couldn't move anything except my eyes. I specifically remember trying to open my eyes but I couldn't.

The sensation I felt was that my eyes were rolling to the back of my head, when this happened that "spinning" feeling intensified ten-fold. It was at this point that I actually felt like I was floating higher and higher, looking down on the apartment where I live. After a point, all I can describe was I was "flying" very quickly through some sort of imagery. That's the best way I can describe it. It sort of looked like the inside of a volcano. I tried to stay as long as I could, but I soon "snapped" out of it. But I didn't give up, and myself, in total control, willfully rolled my eyes back again (trying this right now makes them feel strained and hurts a little.)

Mind you when this happened there was no pain at all, and immediately that spinning sensation occurred, and I'm back to flying through "imagery" at hypersonic speeds, only this time everything is blue. It was really like I was flying over Antarctica or something, or going through a wormhole. I don't know. It was a first time experience for me.

I decided to post this to maybe see if anyone has experienced something similar to my stories. I hope to see your replies, thanks.

tl;dr:
1st time I think I did astral projection, the common "whoosh" sound occurred, felt like I was flying over my houses and witnessed an 18 wheeler being pulled over by cops
2nd time, instead of whooshes I got the "spinning" feeling involved with prior to falling asleep. Two sessions back to back, first felt like I Was flying through a volcano. Second time felt like I was over something very blue. Both times my eyes rolling into the back of my head triggered the "Spinning sensation" the 2nd time I was paralyzed except for my eyes.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
tl;dr even the tl;dr.

I honestly think it's the '___' release. Right between sleep and deep sleep. I know someone will come and try to say I'm wrong and '___' is only in deep sleep, but I really think it's active as soon as you drift off.

Either way, it sounds like lucid dreaming. I think you need to be conscious to astral project. I'm not positive though, I don't know a hell of a lot about it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
was conscious both times, its just when I feel like I'm going to fall asleep, I either straight up fall asleep, or go into these other areas of consciousness that I described, for which I'm conscious for

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Can you reproduce your lucid dreamstate at will? Or was this just a rare occurrence? It is more common that people realize, and if you are able to reproduce the ability to lucid dream at will, you can find tune that skill into something much more interesting and productive. There are a few really good book out there that will help in that regard.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hi Jbalon,

Congratulations, you semi consciously astral projected - no doubt your unconscious mind was creating imagery in the Astral Plane so it would not have been completely clear for you.

I think you will find the information you need from this thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In it, i describe what happens during astral projection, how it's possible and the process behind it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbalon

Hi.
It's normal that we travel into the astral. But usually we forgot the travel when return to our body. That happens because we need to live our life without interferences. When you begin to remember your astral travels that means that you are integrating your astral experiencies to your day life. You don't need to force your travels, just remember. Try to stay remember yourself all the time, especialy before goind bed. You should observe your body, your emotions and your taugths at least 1 hour before go to sleep. Don't have to look your body, just observe it with your attention. When you lie in your bed try to "scan" all your body and relax it. Take 3 deep breaths and put out all your tension and taughts and let your flow...

top topics

join