It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

racism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i just watched a program on tv about racism and i had no clue that nazi sub-cultures are so popular and organized. its scary to think of the power they could put together over years of recruting.

its amazing what changes in the world hate can bring

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Rascism is the expression and ignorance and fear.
As long as governement and media will keep mass in ignorance of the other civilisations and nations cultures, rascism will be a problem. And dont forget that powerfull peoples wants to keep masses in darkness...
Anyway, last year, in France, you may fall in rascism and absurdity, but people reacted and choose...

arc

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think people keep themselves in ignorance, and also sometimes racism is learnt as a response to the surroundings.

For example I had a somewhat uneasy phone conversation with my sister last night. She still lives in the area I grew up, which is a bit of a cultural and economic backwater. The nearest it comes to multicultural is having a handful of foreign restaurants in each town! Suddenly however it is being used as a storage area for asylum seekers, mainly Kosovan in the town my sister lives. Bearing in mind this town already had a high unemployment rate, made worse by the decision of someone high up to relocate lots of disadvantaged people from places like Liverpool, there. There is a very bad atmosphere in town, there have been incidents caused by both the Kosovan's and the natives.

My sister is a bit of a dope smoking new ager type. I always thought her pretty non-racist in her views. However the current situation has definitely bought out the worst in her. Not only was she wanting all the refugees out of town and back to their own countries, she also expressed a blanket dislike and distrust for any other ethnic group in town - to the point of not seeing a particular doctor just because he was asian. Now my sister would not violently act out any of her hatred - but plenty of her friends and neighbours would.

Guess I'm rambling here but it saddened me.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The various racist groups differ so widely in their opinions, that there is little to no threat of them ever unifying into a solid front. Add to that, that even combined, they are the minority, and it simply doesn't make much of a threat....and that's a good thing...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
well thats a more comforting thought. although on the show i watched it appears that some single organizations are growing in size. which isnt!

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
if you saw it on a tv show it's most likely that they hyped it up a bit, to increase your anxiety level so that you stayed glued to the tv so you could soak up more of the drivel they were dispensing. i believe it's called sensationalism or something like that. some good advice my father once gave me, don't believe everything you see on tv. it's either spun to represent the producers beliefs (which in some cases are the correct ones, but not always) or it's spun to keep you interested enough so that you stay tuned in during the commercials(they gotta pay the bills you know).

i would not worry at all about racist groups taking over the country.

new topics

top topics

join