It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We ARE NOT the leaders of our country but are of our destiny!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There is a TON of talk about how awful America is. I want everyone to remember a few MAJOR details about our freedom and rights. We are a country of smart eager people overshadowed by a few power hungry evil people that control everything.

1. The Press is still free to say pretty much it wants to say about anyone or anything. (Mohammed notwithstanding)
2. Anyone, regardless of race or financial background, may rise to be President or any other position of political leadership.
3. You are free to pray (or not pray) to God or Gods as you deem fit.
4. You are free live any sexual life style you choose, so long as it is consensual and does not victimize others.
5. You are free to travel throughout this nation without having to provide proof of who you, or the purpose of your visit, to anyone.
6. You are free to pursue economic endeavors with limited governmental intervention. (Especially compared to other nations.)
7. You are not required to serve in the military unless you choose to.
8. You are increasingly free to marry who you desire without being told that you must marry anyone. You are free to raise your children as you deem fit.
9. No matter who you are, what you believe, or what you have done, we as a nation strive to judge you based on standards of truth and fairness.
10. If you are accused of a crime, you are presumed innocent, unless and until you are proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt by a jury of 12 persons.
The retort 5-5-10

If we want to keep these freedoms and rights.. We must wake up the rest of the people and make this country what we want it to be. “The land of the free and home of the brave”!!!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hey Sheeple! I have a question! Did you know that the jury is chosen by the lawyers which are taking care of the case? Also! Did you know soon enough, NOT THAT IS BEING DONE NOW, but did you know that soon they will be able to hold you for up to a year if you are believed to be a terrorist? Oh another question! Did you know that people who believe in the constitution, in what America was founded on are considered dangerous people similar to terrorist? Give me a break! Are you still in grade school? Is this grade school knowledge you bring with you?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by drkid]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
10. If you are accused of a crime, you are presumed innocent, unless and until you are proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt by a jury of 12 persons.

Thank you for posting those. I don't think you're a sheeple, I think you have hope and recognition of some of the positive things we value in America.

I'd like to add one - we are reasonably safe! I've only heard gun fire 3 or 4 times in my entire life and can generally walk around without harassment.

I don't agree with your number 10 though. Most of the time that might be true but very often people can suffer jail time, loss of income, forced fines, etc when they are in fact innocent.

2. Anyone, regardless of race or financial background, may rise to be President or any other position of political leadership.

Actually #2 is sorta sheeple-esque... you really need to be born into a connected, elite family for this to happen. The presidency IS NOT open to just anyone.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Waaa the big bad govt. is out to get me. Grow up!!!There might be bad elements in govt/police and judges... But for the most part these rights are available to any US citizen. There are bad elements in every part of society. I was caught growing 18 beauitful plants in my basement. (they were beauitful) I was charged with Manufacturing... Due to a police screw up.. It was dropped to posession. I was let go with a fine. In thialand i would have gone to jail for 20 years + Our system is flawed ..NOT BROKEN!!! So stop the "sky is falling" and do something to help fix it.. All the negative talk does nothing but make you angry.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Regan? Obama? oh wait they are part of a much bigger conspiracy I guess? Come on.. No wonder the world is going to crap in a basket. If negativity brings negative actions...we are screwed!!!

new topics

top topics

join