It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Did you post on this thread by accident?? I don't get it. Cool pics but I don't get it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

I'm not sure how PACs work, but if you look at McCain's contributions breakdown, you'll see that he DID get some money from PACs. I'm not sure why this site would lie about one or the other. Obama's list has $1830 from PACs. What's that about? Is that the kindergartener's piggy bank PAC? I don't know.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c89cf56a6eea.jpg[/atsimg]

In any event, I don't want to turn this thread into a "Obama's a rat bastard"
thread.
It seems the source in the OP wants us to think that BP (the company OR a PAC thereof) donated the most to Obama's campaign and after what I have read, I am not buying it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
Did you post on this thread by accident?? I don't get it. Cool pics but I don't get it.

Yes I did that is what I get for having two windows open at the same time, I was posting at the Fat topic, thanks

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Top campaign and lobbying paying companies in the US

I was wrong, Oil is not the top is big pharma and health care, second is Oil and Gas, followed by Insurance Companies and Electric Utilities next.

At nearly $266.8 million, the pharmaceutical and health products industry’s federal lobbying expenditures not only outpaced all other business industries and special interest areas in 2009, but stand as the greatest amount ever spent on lobbying efforts by a single industry for one year.

The pharmaceutical and health products industry was followed last year in overall lobbying expenditures by business associations ($183 million), oil and gas ($168.4 million) and insurance ($164.2 million). In each case, the 2009 totals are greater than that of 2008. Electric utilities, at $144.4 million, placed fifth, although this industry's 2009 lobbying total is slightly off its 2008 pace.

Rounding out the top 10: computers/Internet companies ($118.9 million); general manufacturing and distributing ($113.4 million); hospitals and nursing homes ($108.4 million); television, movies and music ($107.3 million) and education ($98.6 million).

Other health-related industries also ranked highly among the more than 120 industries and special interest areas tracked by the Center for Responsive Politics, such as health professionals ($84.6 million) and health services ($73.9 million).

www.opensecrets.org...

most of the money is in soft contributions meaning they can used them at will

top topics

<< 1   >>

join