It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP CEO: "This is America...We’re going to have lots of illegitimate claims. We all know that"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
We’re mastering the oil slick

For the first time since the fatal explosion on the Deepwater Horizon rig two weeks ago, Tony Hayward, BP’s chief executive, claimed that the company was winning the race to contain the spill and indicated that it was ready to fight some of the lawsuits heading its way.

“Let’s be very clear,” he said of the slick. “The reason it’s not getting to the beaches is because we’re containing it. We don’t know if we can continue to contain it, but for the moment we are.”

Mr Hayward reiterated a promise that BP “will honour all legitimate claims for business interruption”. Asked for examples of illegitimate claims, he said: “I could give you lots of examples. This is America — come on. We’re going to have lots of illegitimate claims. We all know that.”

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So this man is saying that the oil slick is saying that he will have the huge dome ready to contain the oil spill. Besides that, he is also saying that the chemical dispersant is working effectively because of which the oil spill has not reached the beaches yet. All I can say is that the ground reality matters the most and not the sugar coated words of the BP CEO who probably has the BP stock price on his mind first and not the environmental disaster that is currently unfolding.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well, what's up with the pictures I saw of oil drenched birds and oil HITTING THE BEACHES THEN!?
BP should be forced to spend every penny they can to salvage every drop of oil out of the water, if they go bankrupt, well.. good riddance!

I'm so extremely sick and tired of the greed, the lies, the pollution and the corruption I might just spontaneously combust..

join