It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Attacked by Her House Cat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Watch out for Cat Scratch Disease, especially if you have young children.

It happens, and it's probably not the cats fault.

Cats and Dogs are very different and therefor need different kinds and amounts of attention and affection.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Kitty didn't go crazy kitty went kitty! (paraphrasing Chris Rock on Sigmund & Roy's tiger)

She could have shut the cat down. It's the type of person whose dog walk them, not they walk the dog.

On a more natural note I recently read on wikipedia that 40 lbs. bobcats in the everglades kill and eat deer.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I can understand a cat has reasons for acting out but could the reason sometimes be mental illness or demonic possession? I`m just sayin, I am a total animal lover. I walk into people`s houses and their pets come right to me like we are best buds, and we are in a way. A lot of times I`ll be sitting on someone`s couch and in mid conversation their cat will jump on my lap and take a nap, one cat liked to jump from great distances or heights and it was always unexpected with no warning whatsoever. It would leap from somewhere up above onto your shoulders, stay there for a little bit before leaping elsewhere, like you are a stepping stone literally. I mean I`ve heard of people in showbiz using other people as a stepping stone to further there careeer, but this cat literally would treat you LIKE a stepping stone. And sometimes after a pet would come up to me pet them or jump on my lap and make myself at home, the owner would be astounded like "wow he/she`s never done that before, he/she hate`s strangers." Then I sometimes notice they seem worried or try to unnoticingly give me a closer look to see if I`m what you would call a good person because they realize their guard dog likes me more than them, sometimes because they are always barking orders at their pet (no pun intended) and punishing them and when I come over I just get to be the nice guy. And yes animals do have a more complex psyche than most realize. Sometimes I think they are better than us in some ways but I suppose thats because they seem innocent since they don`t have the capability to commit the complex sins we do. There is an added responsibility that comes with greater intelligence.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
But anyway, there was one time I was visiting some family and I was staying the night at one of my family members` house. When we got there, I noticed they had a cat. It just stuck to itself the whole time we were hangin out and talking. Which wasn`t too strange because not every animal runs right up to me, it just happens pretty often (see last post). But when the family member and husband left us alone to go out to do something for a couple hours, their cat decided to expose itself... expose itself as being sadistic little -SNIP- My girlfriend was in bed so it ignored her. But I was up playing video games (they happened to have an original nes console, my first game machine, I had to do what I do everytime I go to someones house and they have an old system like nes or snes and play all my favorite games, and complete the ones I could complete and see how fast I could do it after all this time) and the cat suddenly revealed itself as I see a movement come out from under a dresser or something. I look down and it is staring intently at me. I`m just sitting on the couch in the living room and I swear I wasn`t sitting on it`s baby or anything like that. It just looks like it hates me and it sees me as something it can confront and get me the hell out of its life. It stats to snarl at me and growl really weird. I`m like, is this cat in heat or is it crazy? So even though I should know it wouldn`t work, I snarl back at it and try to shoo it away. It comes up and attacks my foot through my sock which hurt like hell. I pushed it back lightly, still not wanting to hurt it, and it just went bat -SNIP- and kept attacking more fiercly making some scary sounds. I turned off the game and gathered my things and went into the guest room to sleep. I could still hear the thing growling and scratching at the door so I turned on some music and tried to forget about it, telling my half asleep girlfriend how crazy that cat was. she just gave an unconcerned response and went back to sleep. But I can still remember how it looked at me and bared its teeth and came at me. Luckily we only stayed one night. When we got up the next day we left pretty much right away, as we had family stuff to do, and i could see the cat lurking in the shadows, staring at me like it lKNEW what it was doing

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
i think it was annoyed cuz it was pregnant

poor woman though, that looks terrible.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
We've got a cat and he's only 6 months old, but he has a favourite toy that he growls at when he's playin with it.
He'll also play fetch with it which is hilarious...he acts like dog!

The growl is weird though!

But yeah...if that woman had know what the cat was doing, she would've left it alone to do it's thing. Lack of experience maybe? You don't just pick up a cat without knowing it well - it'll end up in blood!!

Much love...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I seriously hope that cat didn't face repercussions because of that womans stupidity. Some people just don't know how to handle their pets. She's lucky she wasn't a celebrity with a chimpanzee or something. I never feel bad for people like that, I feel for the animal

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

I seriously hope that cat didn't face repercussions because of that womans stupidity.

Oh but it did! The cats at a shelter.

Probably going to be euthenised because of that woman!

I'm telling you, there is MORE to this story.
I wish I could find out what.

peace

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thats sad, my cat goes wild sometimes when hes outside and I pick try and bring him in. I think that is the bird noises that causes that though, being an inside cat it drives him crazy. But I have never been attacked or even scratched by him, and not because I forced that into him but because I raised him with love and compassion from a tinny kitten.
I agree there is something else behind this, my thoughts are that woman is not a great owner. Probibly walks around with a bag of chips and a spray bottle. Maybe she's neglecting the cat and he got hungry, so he tried to eat some of that estra meat off her?
Sorry it just bothers me when animals pay for peoples mistakes, more so in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
... but all the same in the the end. Plus i don't want to be bias but i am kind of a cat person.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
how funny ok so the cats going nuts o my o my a 7 pound animal is going to tear you to shreds what can i possible do ?
running around the room doesn't help as we have seen trying to igge the kitty just makes it worse. ( kitty hates being igged)
o my out of options now are we come on people I have dealt with crazed cats and only received a scratch or two because that was how long it took me to control the cat. simply grab the cat like mom cats grab there offspring by the scruff of the neck . now on most cats this buy its self renders them docial .
they just hang there not moving . no kitty is fine this is a natural instinct so mom can deal with her baby's .
now on the rare ones who igge this after grabbing the scarf next grab the legs and pull down not enough to heart kitty just enough so kitty can no longer scratch or reach to bite a firm grip does the trick wate 5 mints to kitty calms down .
usually don't take this long as kitty quickly realizes your smarter then it is and after that i grantee that kitty will never attack you again .
funny dog cat horse man animals are easy its people who are truly unpredictable. give me a crazed cat over a crazed neighbor any day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join