It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD: Video has possible SUV bomb suspect in alley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

NYPD: Video has possible SUV bomb suspect in alley

news.yahoo.com

By TOM HAYS and DEEPTI HAJELA, Associated Press Writers – 46 mins ago
NEW YORK – Police investigating the failed car bomb left in Times Square have videotape of a possible suspect shedding clothing in an alley and putting it in a bag and found a substance that resembled fertilizer in the parked SUV, Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Sunday.
Kelly said officers were on the way to a Pennsylvania town to talk to a tourist who might have recorded the suspect on his video camera. The video shows a white man in his 40s taking off one shirt, revealing another underneath.
The commissioner said th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It would appear the "Taliban" claim is false. The person of interest is a middle aged white male. I don't have too much to say as the investigation is still ongoing. This was about 10 blocks from the Viacom building so I seriously doubt it had anything to do with the South Park threats. This may just be some disturbed individual...or they may just be chasing the wrong guy. Who knows?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
if this is the guy then how come the city doesnt mention that he is the person who came out the car. hundreds of video cameras and there is no footage of a person leaving the car.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
We all know they are gonna blame this on the Tea Party.

It's a psyop style false flag, probably a prelude to something bigger.

The car was MEANT to be found. The emergency flashers were going off!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
and here comes the spin

The commissioner said there's no evidence that a Pakistani
Taliban videotaped claim to the failed car bombing is valid.

wah-lah !!!!

guess we couldn't see that statement coming from
a mile away.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The feds have a composite sketch of the suspect:

I am guessing the propane tanks will trace back to a small business called Strickland Propane..

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

I am guessing the propane tanks will trace back to a small business called Strickland Propane..

lmao

I almost peed on myself
that was so funny.

Yep, I think he would be closer
to being suspect than the Taliban.

lol

thanks for that

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

lmao

I almost peed on myself
that was so funny.

Yep, I think he would be closer
to being suspect than the Taliban.

lol

thanks for that

OMG, same here, I had to log in just to say thank you for that.

Rusty Shakleford!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It was RIGHT IN FRONT of Viacom, and nearby military recruitment center... Then Bloomberg said "People are so determined against our freedom, they are willing to die for it"..

Dishin out that old rhetoric... I can't believe he said that. THERE ARE OTHER REASONS PEOPLE IN THE US... CANADA... RUSSIA, anywheres really, ARE UPSET WITH THE WAY THE WORLD IS RUN.

None of which have to do with someones freedom.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

It would appear the "Taliban" claim is false. The person of interest is a middle aged white male.

Not to give you a hard time or anything ma'am, but isn't that statement bordering on racial profiling?

"If he's taliban, he isn't white"

"If he's an illegal immigrant, it means he's mexican"

I'm not saying that you said the latter, I'm just saying that that kind of mindset seems to be running rampant these days.

There are ALOT of disinfranchised people that are pissed off at America right now, they are white,and they live HERE.They are ripe for the pickin' for these fringe groups like the taliban, because most people are like you and assume that if a person is white, they can't belong to a radical group from the middle east.

All I'm saying is, don't be so quick to judge.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

The commissioner has stated there is no link and they have found no evidence of one. This is why I said it.

The bomb itself was found in front of a theater. The second page of this article has minimap showing where it was found. It was close to the Viacom building but not in front of it. I think he just left it in a rather densely populated area. If this had something to do with south park you'd probably see a claim from a different group saying so.
www.nytimes.com...

The mayor has also said there is no link to any major terror group.
www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

You can bet your ass that Taliban would not trust you as far as they can throw you if you are white.

Taliban is not even a world-wide organization like al-Qaeda is. They are located ONLY in Pakistan / Afghanistan.

Do you really think they'd trust some white European with their top secret plans??

That's not racial profiling.. That's common sense.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Rusty Shakleford!

This definitely looks like the work of Dale Gribble (AKA Rusty Shakleford):

The would-be car-bomber who left an SUV loaded with propane and gas cans, fireworks and timing devices on a Times Square street also had more than 100 pounds of fertilizer, but not the kind that would explode, police said today.
Police examine security footage of a man removing his shirt in Times Square.

Instead of ammonium nitrate, the kind of fertilizer used by Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, the person who abandoned the van on the crowded New York City street had a metal gun locker full of a harmless fertilizer, New York City Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said.

While it is unknown who the potential bomber is, or the bomber's motive, officials told ABC, that if that person were not aware of the characteristics of the fertilizer it could point to the fact that the bomber did not know what he was doing.

abcnews.go.com...

join