It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tinfoil hat moment at ATS...:)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ok, well some brief backround on my thoughts and theory...

I was hatched in Iceland... (jk, about the hatched part that is.)

Parents were in the service.

Mom is the key here... She was Naval Intel, (Cold War era), all the bells and whistles in security passes and what not.

Never says anything about anything during about this time...

Dad was Special Ops. Nuff said.

Im a conspiracy theorist since about a year or so now. Before which I literally studied history and numismatics for a decade... (for fun.)

My area of main interest for some reason became HAARP and ChemTrails. (I know some doubt the latter there, but I know what I know and I know what I see.)

Now, since traveling all over the world and seeing alot in my short time... Most of which I still can not properly explain... I know theres more to this 'Big Picture' than any of us even think we can begin to understand.

Heres my tin foil hat moment at ATS...

Are the Northern Lights a natural phenomenon?

Or is it something entirely different than what we think it is?

The reason I ask is not to alter my own opinion... Its to gauge others. I know what I know on this subject and have little doubt as to my theory being correct or not. (Independent confirmation has led me to whats what)

Since joining here though, I fond even the posters I disagree with 100%, I find their posts and opinions to be some of the most thought out and well researched Ive come across yet.

Open mindedness is an amazing think and here, there is no shortage of that thankfully.

So before I carry on to a fault, the question is simple...

Are the Northern Lights a natural phenomenon?

(links to info or sources and or PDF's is wonderful to add to your opinion if available...) Ill link some of mine after some posts.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I heard somewhere the nothern lights are cauased by the Earths electro-magnetic-field. And theyre a supermassive space tornado of electrical energy mixing with the radiation being blasted towards the earth by our sun and other "free-radicals" coming from thingss like distant supernova.... something along those lines anyway.

I highly doubt they are part of some secret man made black ops project, if thats really what youre suggesting!....?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
From Wiki

Auroras are the result of the emissions of photons in the Earth's upper atmosphere, above 80 km (50 miles), from ionized nitrogen atoms regaining an electron, and oxygen and nitrogen atoms returning from an excited state to ground state. They are ionized or excited by the collision of solar wind particles being funneled down and accelerated along the Earth's magnetic field lines; excitation energy is lost by the emission of a photon of light, or by collision with another atom or molecule:
oxygen emissions
Green or brownish-red, depending on the amount of energy absorbed. nitrogen emissions
Blue or red.
Blue if the atom regains an electron after it has been ionized. Red if returning to ground state from an excited state.

Added with the fact that it has been witnessed before in old history, this is perfectly logical and acceptable to me, why should I doubt it?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would say yes because there are stories about this phenominom that date back before the US existed

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I believe they are natural. They were named back in 1621 by Pierre Gassendi and the airplane wasn't invented til the 1800's. That in itself tells me they aren't something that started recently.

Gassendi's interests in unusual celestial phenomena dates back as early as 1621, when he observed the colorful illumination of the sky and dubbed these lights ‘aurora borealis’. Based on his correspondence with observers as far away as the Levant, he located the source of the illumination at very high altitude, above the Northern Polar region.

I've also seen claims on a few websites that the northern lights were mentioned in writings from over a thousand years ago but I can't find a direct source for that so I'm not sure how true it is.

There have also been auroras photographed on Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter. It seems completely logical to me that our planet's auroras are just as natural as those found on other planets. Were this the only planet with them it would make sense to me that they might not be completely natural, but it's not.

Edit: fixed link

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Jenna]

top topics

join