It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher education supports belief in the paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

Even though researchers Bryan Farha at Oklahoma City University and Gary Steward of University of Central Oklahoma admitted that they had expectations of finding contrary results, their poll of college students found that seniors and graduate students were more likely to believe in haunted houses, ghosts, telepathy, spirit channeling and other paranormal phenomena than were freshmen.

I thought some people on here would think this is interesting. Tell me what you think. To the skeptics, let not try to start a huge riot in this thread

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Interesting, I am an adult and with higher education, this thread brings something to my mind, most of the people I meet that also have higher education seems to have a better open mind when it comes to the paranormal, but also about politics and religion.

At least that is the impression I get with people I know and those I met.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well as a college student, one reason many (not all) people with a higher education believe of the possiblity of ghosts is because you learn that their is more to life, the universe, and anything in general than just you. Also, things like, a mathmatecial probabilty of aliens (Stephen Hawking) become more apparent to to people with a higher education. THough, that is no tot say that people with only a GED, or High School Ed do no believee, but I think from experiencee their beliefs are limited because they have limited access to differnt beliefs and ideals.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't find it shocking at all. The majority of people I knew, yes even those in the psyche programs were open to the possibility of the paranormal. Which was more than I could say for the faculty. The old school approach that all possession was mental illness still dominates the over 50 teaching crowd.

top topics

join