It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google TV to be Unveiled Next Month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Source

We’ve been curious about the Google TV initiative since hearing about the search giant’s foray into set-top box land, and although scant few details have emerged since then we can now look forward to a full reveal at next month’s I/O Developer Conference.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Google will unveil the Android-based television platform at its annual developer event in San Francisco on May 19 and 20.

Hardware partners, including Sony, Intel and Logitech, have already announced plans to release products on the Google TV platform. Consumer electronics giant Samsung also recently confirmed that it’s considering the platform as well — an interesting move considering Samsung already has its own app store for Internet-connected TVs.
I personally find this to be quite an interesting endeavor. Of course google wants it, the internet is an open platform. It means anyone with broadband internet could access the content without needing the middleman, the cable provider. That is excellent, internationally we could all share the same content. But of course we'll have to wait for the detail, so far google hasn't confirmed this news.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I cant wait to hear how this pans out
with the consumer and just what exactly
is gonna be offered.

I will be watching for more

thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Dont most cable companies sell the broadband access that would be used for the Google TV?

Either the price of the broadband will jump, the bandwidth will go down or the cable companies will lower the cost of their own television or some combination of the lot.

Or the cable companies will sue the bejeezus out of Google as they did to the phone companies for trying to offer television over phone lines and delay the process entirely while statist morons get on their side because the cable alternative wouldnt include all of the regulatory fees cable charges and the statists wouldnt want that.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

What Was Announced At Google I/O 2010?

Google is working with Sony and Logitech to put Google TV (Google search built into the TV to pull web video and broadcast) inside TVs, Blu-ray players and companion boxes. These devices will go on sale in the Fall, but only in the U.S. No word on when or if they'll be available in Canada, but if you're in the States, you'll be able to get them at Best Buy stores apparently.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I will have you know that over two years ago I wrote google giving them this idea. They were asking for ideas for the next great innovation. Too bad they don't give out an honorable mention if they did in fact get the idea from me.

I explained to them at the time that once this invention was up and operating, citizen ran news channels could begin in full force. People could tune into a website streaming news from people everywhere. Justin TV feeds could revolutionize citizen based reporting. I am glad they did it. Get ready for the revolution!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by ExPostFacto]

top topics

join