It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Fran, Oregon, Fort Worth....offer no Welcome mat for ILLEGALS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
They are making a lot of noise against the bill, but aren't offering the mat themselves

They may call themselves "sanctuary cities," but very few of them are offering sanctuary to the illegal immigrants in Arizona who now face possible arrest and deportation.

As San Francisco and other "sanctuary cities" declare war on Arizona over its new law cracking down on illegal immigrants, most state and local governments
that provide a safe haven to undocumented workers refused to publicly roll out a welcome mat for the estimated 440,000 illegals in the Grand Canyon state.

"We don't have any actions planned," said Jillian Schoene, a spokeswoman for Oregon Gov. Ted Kulongoski. "If I have a chance to take this up with the governor
, I'll call you back."

Schoene didn't call back.

Other cities and states that provide safe havens to illegal immigrants have called on the federal government to overhaul the immigration system as they evaded questions on whether they would absorb Arizona's undocumented population.

So its okay in the eyes of the so called Sanctuary Cities to bash Arizona for enforcing FEDERAL laws but they don't want to deal with the ILLEGALS who are going to be heading to their cities.

Hypocrisy at its finest right here, I hope the ILLEGALS do head to these cities so they can feel the pain Arizona has been feeling for so long and maybe will fall in line with Arizona.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Arizona should lead by example for other states that are also overrun with illegals and round them all up and rather than deport them, send them ALL to these sanctuary cities.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well I think a mass exodus to these specific cities will definitely show the true intentions of the loud mouths who are speaking against enforcement now. Just wait until their local residents feel the pinch in their wallets and how their communities get turned upside down.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This is what happens in Sanctuary Cities now...no wonder they aren't opening their arms to more available residents from Arizona.

new topics

top topics

join