It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Orb UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'll get straight to the point, over the weekend my sister was staying with us at my home. Around 9PM GMT she pointed out a glowing Orange orb in the sky. At first glance it looked like something on fire and as I live close to a RAF base I thought it may be a plane in trouble so I went outside to see if I could hear anything. Once outside it was dead quiet the object seemed to make no noise. It looked like a fireball, bright orange and flickering. It was traveling at high speeds and in what looked like a dead straight line.

I have no real idea of exactly what it was but I thought maybe it was a comet. Does anyone know if there was supposed to be one passing over the Cambridge/East Anglia area of the UK over the weekend of 23rd, 24th, 25th of April? Or has anyone else seen one of these "fireballs"? I hadn't heard of one nor could I find much info which leads me to be understandably confused about the issue.

(Please note I have limited internet access until next week so please bear with me for replies)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/caf09b3d7dd2.jpg[/atsimg]
I do not know what to tell you. Orange flickering ball sounds like chinese lantern. The term "high speed" is relative and really does not describe anything

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Did it look like this......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc7d0f3c4261.jpg[/atsimg]

If so then its maybe one of these.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97fd9fcf1fe9.jpg[/atsimg]

It really does sound very much like a chinese lantern in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It was too fast for a lantern and didn't ascend or differ from course from the time I was watching it. It shot across the sky smoothly (not a shooting star)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MegatronX

Again the term speed is too relative to base anything off of. A car driving 15 miles an hour will look faster that something in space going 1,000 miles per our across the sky. So you have to take into account distance, you do not have any pics or a video so im not sure what you want people to tell you. OMG UFO PROOF!

It shot across the sky smoothly (not a shooting star)

Im not getting it. Smoothly as opposed to those erratic zig zagging shooting stars?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I live in east anglia and recorded these weird orange lights around my house once,flashing on and off in different places was damn weird,i uploaded them on youtube,you seen anything on there that resembles what you saw?

regards

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegatronX
I'll get straight to the point, over the weekend my sister was staying with us at my home. Around 9PM GMT she pointed out a glowing Orange orb in the sky. At first glance it looked like something on fire and as I live close to a RAF base I thought it may be a plane in trouble so I went outside to see if I could hear anything. Once outside it was dead quiet the object seemed to make no noise. It looked like a fireball, bright orange and flickering. It was traveling at high speeds and in what looked like a dead straight line.

I have no real idea of exactly what it was but I thought maybe it was a comet. Does anyone know if there was supposed to be one passing over the Cambridge/East Anglia area of the UK over the weekend of 23rd, 24th, 25th of April? Or has anyone else seen one of these "fireballs"? I hadn't heard of one nor could I find much info which leads me to be understandably confused about the issue.

(Please note I have limited internet access until next week so please bear with me for replies)

i wonder if it was a meteor?
i saw something similar to what you describe but on the previous weekend.
i read somewhere here on ats that the lyrid meteor shower was due to peak on the 24th so i would guess what you saw was probably a meteor.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MegatronX

Sounds like a ufo orb of the amber/orange type. Great news on the sighting mate, life will never be the same again! Seen loads of these mate of every colour and yes they are real. East Anglia is a main zone for their travel, they travel from where I live to East Mersea Island zone near Colchester on a regular basis.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
you see anything like this..

link~www.youtube.com...

This is what i recorded in 2007,was very weird experience.

regards

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Congratulations on your sighting. Whatever it was I really can't say without more evidence, info, or a picture. Unfortunately there are some people who will likely ridicule or go to any length to debunk what you saw. Just take it with a grain of salt, what would this place be without skeptics anyway? It balances us out.

Anyway...back to your sighting, who knows? Maybe a UFO, maybe a meteor, maybe a lantern, etc. Either way it's got you thinking and questioning the world around you...so many people never even do that these days.

Keep an eye out, I do all the time now...maybe next time you'll be able to get a picture or video to show us. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Mental footage mate. Yes seen very same. Lots of different experiences, all different types. That footage is very interesting, they pulsate like that, bottom bit is in the dimmed position of light too. Where did you see these mate?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Mental footage mate. Yes seen very same. Lots of different experiences, all different types. That footage is very interesting, they pulsate like that, bottom bit is in the dimmed position of light too. Where did you see these mate?

Wymondham,norfolk,from the side of my house.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hi all there's been a huge amount of Orange lights in the skies over the UK recently from all over in fact l saw a strange Orange light last month and no it wasn't a chinese lantern as it had no flicker and also went away from my position not up,
check out this site as they've got at least 15 Orange light sighting for this month in uk (other locations too).
scroll down to recent eyewitness reports you'll find them l8rs

www.sightings.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm glad others have seen similar things around the UK. What I saw did look like what was in the YouTube video (Great footage by the way), it's a shame I didn't have a camera to hand as I would love to show you guys, whatever it was I will sure keep an eye out for more : )

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I saw the same thing about six weeks ago. It looked like something on fire in fact i was tempted to ring the airport because i thought it was a plane on fire. It was a ball of fire travelling extremely quickly through the sky, my kids said it made some noise but i didnt hear anything, i never been so terrified and exited before in my life, it definitly defintly wasnt a chinese lantern im 100 percent certain of that.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I saw an orange glowing orb one time. Except, the object was oval-shaped, silver colored (metal material?), with the orange glow around it. It was moving rather slowly (from my point of view, obviously.), it was moving for about 5 seconds, then it disappeared with a fading transition.

Your UFO could have been a Chinese lantern, but a comet could be likable.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by TimothyR]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I just did a quick search for a orange orb around Milton Keynes England and this thread came up.

Both on Friday and Saturday (05-06/06) I saw a orange orb moving across the sky and then it would vanish and come back again. It was very odd, it was a very bright orange.

Did any one else see this?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Coming into this discussion very late. New Sharon Maine, about 2 weeks ago. Two glowing orange balls of light
traveling slowly from North to South about 1000' agl, one about 1/2 mile ahead of other. Everyone is seeing this phenomena
around the world. Has anyone tried flashing lights at them? I did and here's what happend. The lagging light
stopped immediately, the leading light did a u turn, joined the other very close together, looked like bright orange
car lights. Then started flashing in exact sequence with my flashing. Lasted about 3 minutes, then they drifted behind large trees out of my view, still flashing the same sequence. I am still amazed at this encounter, if you have the opportunity, try it. Something very unusual is going on here. My wife was upset when I told her what I did, she is afraid that they may not be friendly as she had recently read Steven Hawkins warnings.

Deegan

top topics

join