It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gran raped while boy studies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Gran raped while boy studies

www.news24.com

Johannesburg - A 78-year-old woman from Tsolo was raped by an unknown man while her grandson studied in the next room, Eastern Cape police said on Tuesday.

"The elderly lady was in her bedroom at around 18:00 on Monday, when a man climbed through her window and raped her," Colonel Mzukisi Fatyela said.

"Her 18-year-old grandson was studying in the next room and didn't hear anything."

Fatyela said the suspect held a knife to the woman's throat and she could only scream for help once he had...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I do not know about you, but despite living in South Africa for the past 35 years, I am still shocked when reading headlines like this, and I am sure that most people in the world would be shocked when they hear about a 78 year old woman being raped.

In my point of view it is every person's right to be respected and to be treated that way, especially the vulnerable, like kids and the elderly and whoever falls in this category, irrespective of race or background.

One reason why post this, to focus the outside world outside of SA on the extreme crime and ultra-violence. It is mostly being kept from the outside world. Inside the country the frequency of violent crime is so high that one almost become desensitized to the violence, which is totally wrong, since you became almost less human. Like some soldiers who experience post-traumatic stress from the scenes of violence they witnessed during war.

On average, 55 people are murdered in SA, mostly without reason, just for the sake of doing it. The police are unwilling and/or unequipped to make any difference. Law and order is something one only read of, since very few people are are ever caught, prosecuted and served by the law. In other words, the same criminals are on the loose, murdering and raping left, right and center.

I am certain that some would say, why not leave the place? My answer would be that I have full right to be here. I was born here and I love the country. About 300-400 years ago Europeans (Dutch, French, German and English (similar to the US colonists)) colonized this part of the world. They have not behaved different than any other group of westerners of their time anywhere.

Eventually we came to the year 2010. Me and my parents were born here, the result of the past 400 years in SA. I respect every citizen of this country. And the least is what I expect back. If you are hungry, I will feed you, If you lack clothes I will gladly share.

I sense some dark forces at work here, because the average South African feel the same way I do, irrespective of their attributes. What I want to do is to focus the rest of the world's attention to it, because someone in high places decided that you will be only served with some information of what is going in my country, because it serves their agenda...

www.news24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join