It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Book Recommendation: "Pattern Recognition"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For the past couple of days I've been reading a fantastic book called "Pattern Recognition" by William Gibson (a writer of a a certain little novel called "Neuromancer", which spawned the entire cyberpunk genre). It is not only Gibson's first ever novel set in the present, but it focuses on internet culture in a very vivid fashion.

The key plot of the story is a few people trying to track down the creator of a series of weird, anonymous video clips that are being uploaded onto the internet. I thought this was an awesome idea, and was amazed when I found out that this whole FindTheRings.com thing is pretty much the same sort of thing. For all Ring Hunters in here, I strongly recommend you read this book, not only for its relevance but for its brilliant writing.

As a side query, is it too late to really get into this hunt, now that it's off the ground, and is there a place that summarizes all the hints and clues found up to this time?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
1) No it's not, Ive been hooked for just 2 days, but I am hooked.
2) Yes: Here

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks a lot! I imagine I'll become addicted to this pretty soon

Now all I need to do is learn cryptography, abstract thought, and advsnced mathematics in the next hour, and I'll be set!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Nah, you've got a couple days until the next phase starts. Plenty of time to learn everything you mentioned.

top topics

join