It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit Against God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I really didnt know where i should post this, so i decided political madness made sense.

OMAHA, Neb -- State Sen. Ernie Chambers is suing God. He said on Monday that it is to prove a point about frivolous lawsuits.

This is why he is suing God.

The lawsuit accuses God "of making and continuing to make terroristic threats of grave harm to innumerable persons, including constituents of Plaintiff who Plaintiff has the duty to represent." It says God has caused "fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes, pestilential plagues, ferocious famines, devastating droughts, genocidal wars, birth defects and the like." The suit also says God has caused "calamitous catastrophes resulting in the wide-spread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth’s inhabitants including innocent babes, infants, children, the aged and infirm without mercy or distinction."

Just thought you guys would like to know about senators actually trying help, but also being totally ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What's next? Someone suing "butter toast?" For being too delicious.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm in on that. Can he make it a class action?

No, I'm not being funny.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
there's a movie from Australia about a guy who is suing god because his boat sunk.

His insurance didn't pay cause it's a act of god
...then he sued god and the cathloic church had to act as a substitute for god.

good movie

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever seen. People can blame God all they want for their problems, but guess what? It's not on God. People were given free will by God, so they can do whatever they want, so suing God is just plain stupid. And so who is gonna pay? Churches? I don't think so.

top topics

join