It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kind of effects in the psychological department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'd like for you to really tune in and listen to these intros. Pay attention to detail in the visual and in the audio.

First one:

Second one:

Third one:

Does any one of these hold any psychological effect of some kind, by way of visual perspective or audio perspective, on your thinking that's good or bad or something else? Please explain yourself in how any one of them resinates with you. Is there a psychological, subliminal message to be found in either one? Expond a bit if you will.

The original and the more modern of this show be of my all time timeless classic shows by the way.

This is my first time embeding video.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Tormentations]

Never mind, I got it. Thanks for your kind time.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When your links get fixed I'll give a listen - you've got me intrigued.
peace

Ok - Here maybe this will help:

Here's HOW - EXAMPLE

On You Tube, go to the video you want to post here and hit the SHARE button.

When you hit *share* and the box pops up it will show a code like this:

http ://www. youtube. com/watch?v=WRuuLL2QXF8

Now see the = sign? Post here on ATS only the letters and numbers AFTER the = sign. (In red)

Good Luck

[edit on 23-4-2010 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks alot.

I finally think I got the hang of how to embed after all this time.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I do quite like the show, it's not really affected me in any way other than the odd episode has highlighted ethical questions that I've pondered - I think they're modern parables.

I do tend to prefer the old Twilight Zone series though, some truly amazing episodes were broadcast there.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I like the second one the best, because it got me glued to the show while I was growing up.

Sadly, while they could control the horizontal, etc...what they said about being in control for an hour wasn't true.

There were still commercials in that hour!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The outer limits intro has but one purpose only. To be awesome and to grab you to want to watch what is sure to be an awesome episode.

I used to watch that show all the time, some of the concepts portrayed where just... disturbing.... I remember one episode for example where it was a world that was sort of an NWO scenario. Everyone's brain was connected to the internet and the relied on technology. They didn't read books, they scanned them. Anyway there was one guy without the implant who watched over an old library. People couldn't understand why he wouldn't want the implant.

Later the computer that runs the brain integration software goes rogue. People start dropping dead from a computer virus created by the system. They guy without the implant turns out to be the hero accompanied by a woman with the implant. He found the code to shut down the system in an old book. The lady scanned it and boom, everyone was all of a sudden offline.

The acting was great! The story was great!

The outer limits is an amazing show!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hey, cool you got your links to work!

Now about those links...

I liked the show, a lot, but funny enough I always hated the intros.
They bothered me - it was like - 'If you're going to do something really DO IT!'
The second one gets me though. *Shivers*

Grats on your thread!

peace

new topics

top topics

join