It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010: Time to get healthy again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is my first official thread on ATS and I would like to share with you my motto for 2010... "Time to get healthy again!"

Since January I've lost weight just by putting away the salt shaker, stopping eating refined sugar, stopped eating anything with high fructose corn syrup, and anything with a sweetener, and... stopped eating bread products (which have a tendency to bloat me).

I also cut down on my intake of food. I'm 59 now, and have to realize that I don't need as much food as when I was younger. My metabolism is different now. I stopped eating "fast food" and snacking inbetween meals. If I got hungry, I would drink a glass of juice or eat a banana .

I make fresh fruit drinks with my hand blender, and started reading the labels on products which really was tedious, but has paid off with me losing weight and feeling healthier.

My husband built me a stationary stand for my bicycle, and so I was able to get some "waistline" exercise. I feel so much better, I have a waist again
My knees don't bother me from carrying excess weight around, and my back does not hurt from just doing minor chores.

I went from a size 16 to a 9/10. Which is a good spot for me. So all that is left is regular exercise like walking, or riding a bike.

This year I believe we should all be making a goal of getting healthier, and staying healthy. I'd like to invite you to do the same. If you have other ideas, please share them with us all.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
my advise is stick to natural foods, get organic if you can, look up the foods with most pesticides and avoid those.

also eat a low GI diet, get lots of protein and use weights if you can.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I notice i get bloated by milk, so i avoid that and salt.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Congrats!

I too have been health oriented for some time now and have finally, successfully given up candy, soda, sugar and the like. The gym is where you will find me everyday drinking whey and lifting weights. Now that it's warming up I'm going to throw cardio into the mix. It's always good news to run into another health/exercise oriented person. I noticed it helps to have a goal and for me, a profile on bodybuilding.com.

Again, congrats and good luck with your threads.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crossfate
reply to post by sodakota

Congrats!

I too have been health oriented for some time now and have finally, successfully given up candy, soda, sugar and the like. The gym is where you will find me everyday drinking whey and lifting weights. Now that it's warming up I'm going to throw cardio into the mix. It's always good news to run into another health/exercise oriented person. I noticed it helps to have a goal and for me, a profile on bodybuilding.com.

Again, congrats and good luck with your threads.

sweet i also frequent the bodybuilding.com forums and am a member, whey is also something i take.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Good for you!!!

I changed my diet a year ago now and am still a little way to go yet! but I learnt alot along the way and can say it's been a great experience all in all!

At first I did it all wrong and starved myself, wasn't good for me and ended up blacking out in the kitchen and gave my nose an allmighty bang! fortunately it never broke!

After proper dieting for a while I then went to low carb/zero carb and have stuck with that for a while now, except last weekend, but i'm now back in rythm! I find it best for me, no cravings, rarely hungry, more energy etc etc it just works for me!

Anyway I wish you every success!!!

join