It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Think Tank Predicts New Mideast War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Washington Think Tank Predicts New Mideast War

www.israelnationalnews.com

A U.S.-based think tank has issued a report saying that a new Middle East war may be looming on the horizon.

If hostilities do in fact break out, writes David Schenker of The Washington Institute, “fighting could take on a regional dimension not seen since 1973.” The prediction comes in response to reports that Syria has supplied the Lebanon-based Hizbullah terrorist organization with advanced Russian-made 9K38 Igla-S anti-aircraft missiles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
News - and no news here in ATS. Imminent Middle East war is in our hands with daily growing rumors, and MSM is brainwashing us about it. Now we have this new leaked report, whitch was published just before Mitchells unscheduled visit today to Israel...

"Meetings between the Syrian and Iranian presidents have become very common in the past several years; however, Nasrallah's presence at the table marked a new chapter in the development of the Evil Axis."

And we are talking about evils there... Like damn childrens - and Israeli CoS is talking about how bible is leading IDF!

CHINA CANT LOOSE IRAN!

We have to see that North Korean attack towards South Korean Corvette is highly related to all these events, like we have read today - Iran and NK has made deal from new cooperations. China and Russia has strategic needs in ME from witch they are not ready to discuss.

Path of sanctions was cancelled before talks was even started. In Washington behind closed doors all leaders came out with empty hands, and maybe most concerning was Turkish stance in alliance with Iran, Russia, Brazil and China.

I dont think that these CFR/AIPAC made think-tanks are predicting anything, but just saying to us clearly what will soon happen in region - no matter what diplomacy does or tries to do. Iran is having drills in Hormuz for a good reason and Syria, Egypt and Saudi Arabia is having today rare meeting to make maybe new breaking alliances.

Prepare for war, gentlemans - once again - and this time its "big time" war like 1973 - or maybe even 1939?

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

"There is no evidence that Iran has made a decision to produce nuclear weapons...We don't want the non-proliferation regime to be used for ... strangling Iran, or taking some steps to deteriorate the situation [and] the living standards of people in Iran," Lavrov said in a recent interview with RIA Novosti.

www.presstv.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't think that it took a think take to make that prediction.

It's been talked about here on ATS for some time.

Lebanon is a power keg. Hezbollah has thousands of missiles and now has new scud missiles. They will do something to set off the war like kidnap some Israelis. It will escalate from there.

Israel has warned Syria that should a scud get launched then they will retaliate against Syria. If Syria is attacked, Iran will get involved.

I don't think that the US, Russia or China will get involved other then by supplying weapons.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When they said "war is looming on the horizon"...

Which horizon ?
I mean for an archeologist, horizon is like 3000 year, for a atomic physician horizon is like a femto second...

So the term "horizon" means nothing... years ? months ? weeks ? days ?
What I take for granted is : not femto seconds !

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow, this bunch of geniuses has really got their finger on the pulse, huh?

NEWS JUST IN: Washington think-tank predicts sun will rise on the horizon...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I find this story highly amusing. Considering that anyone who owns a TV would already be aware of this information.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UncivilCivilian

Thats maybe situation in USA - but you wont believe what is black out here in Finland - 97% of our population wont know anything about "Iranian threat" or tensions raising in ME or Israel. I wrote today also to MSM editors because this black out has lasted over a month now.

Our newsrooms has totally missed to give any info from ME news... I dont know witch agenda they are playing.

Here is good article from possible impacts about new ME war:

A Global Tsunami

www.forbes.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Buckle up, bring your popcorn and enjoy the ride people this is it, this is what we'v been waiting for.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just stating the obvious, but I BET a lot of Arms companys are rubbing their hands together with a nice big smile.

Id laugh if the ''think tank'' who made that clever report frequents ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Washington Think Tank?

Now there’s a contradiction

More scare tactics to justify a military presence in the Middle East?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Those idiots needed a think tank to work that one out,another example of your tax dollars working for you

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Did we need a think tank to figure this one out. I think just about any one who has been paying attention to what’s afoot over there could have came to this conclusion. Now I would be impressed if they could tell us how to stop the impending war. Now that would be a genius.

Peace,
Murfdog

new topics

top topics

join