It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Icelandic volcano to explode soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Despite grounding 100,000 flights across Europe, battering a beleaguered airline industry, stranding hundreds of thousands of travellers, disrupting schools and businesses, and giving homes under flight paths their first peace and quiet in decades, the current volcano eruption may be only a teaser of chaos to come.

A far bigger Icelandic volcano, Katla, is tipped to erupt in the coming months

Well... Looks like you better not book that holiday just yet!!!

It seems that this second Volcano is ten times the size of Eyjafjallajokull with a much bigger snow cap!!

Personally, i think the skies could do with the break from planes... i haven’t missed their constant noise of them flying over my home and have enjoyed the sound of birds... But that’s just me

However, this could potentially cause a lot of problems for a lot of people and may be the final nail in the coffin for some airlines!!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Careful what you wish for lol. Also, how many threads like this will we see this week? If we are not careful with the crying wolf game, if/when this actually happens, no one will believe it and that would be a very bad thing. Not accusing you of crying wolf I might add, just saying post like this will probably draw the wrong kind of attention to your thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's this simple: Before any Katla eruption there will be quakes. And to watch for those, look here:

hraun.vedur.is...

Katla is the bottom most patch of white you see. And there are NO earthquakes! YET.

You can also watch for tremors here:

hraun.vedur.is...

Activity overall has been down lately, but now there does appear to be a slight rise in activity incoming... It still may mean nothing.

new topics

join