It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious "Vashon Hum"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

There's a mystery humming on Vashon Island. Dozens of residents are baffled by a strange noise and they can't figure out where's its coming from.

"It's all encompassing, you go outside and try to isolate it directionally and you just can't do it," said resident, Cindy Hoyt.

For the last four years Cindy and her husband, Jeff, have been hearing that strange sound around their island home. Cindy says it typically lasts for about 10 minutes at a time.

Mystery Noise Baffles Residents On Vashon Island

What exactly is this "mysterious hum"? I wonder if there are any ATS members that live in the area that can coroberate this story. Could it be an underground base? Techtonic movement?

Where is Vashon Island?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/630740f4a3ab.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/765c92ec9731.jpg[/atsimg]

I wonder if it is somehow connected to this: Mystery Deepens As Fourth Whale Washes Ashore

A mystery is growing in the waters of Puget Sound after the death of another gray whale.

The whale discovered on West Seattle’s Arroyo Beach Wednesday is the fourth to die in Puget Sound waters this month.

NOAA Fisheries biologist, Kristin Wilkinson, measured the marine mammal Thursday morning and took some samples of its blubber. She said the whale was a young female, about 33 feet long and somewhere between one and eight years old. She said the whale had no obvious signs of trauma.

“The animal does look a little emaciated but that is following the trends we've seen during other necropsies," Wilkinson said.

Two other whales that died this week also showed signs that they weren't eating enough.

Something strange is certianly going on in this area, just not sure exactly what.

-E-

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They were/are hearing something similar in Taos, NM.

I have included a site that might help you compare yours to theirs.

Odd how the whales are beaching themselves also...could be their sonar is off because of the hum and/or naval operations.

taos hum research

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

this one is creepy
www.eskimo.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wow...I just played it at normal levels (on the low side, actually,) and my dogs RAN out of the room with their tails between their legs...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My bet is that it is related to some kind of military project. There is a lot of military bases in that area of Washington, Bremmerton, Ft McChord, Ft. Lewis off the top of my head. I think this is also the area where we (the U.S.) have a nuclear submarine base.

I have family inside of an hours drive from the area, I'll have to see what they know of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I played that one though just my one sub-woofer and it is hard to locate the sound unless I'm right next to it. I know low frequency's are more omni-directional but not usually like this, and I've played lots of strange(and low Hz) noises through my speakers and never noticed that before.

I think the creepiness of it might be due to it being very similar to the rumble of movie theater speakers, like at the parts they want you to think somethings about to jump out.(But, everyone knows its usually dead quiet when things are really about to pop out at you
)
Wouldn't want to live with the noise constantly, just walking down a poorly lit hallway would feel like a scary movie!

[edit on 4/22/2010 by Bumr055]

top topics

join