It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ugly People The New Facist Victims?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
lol.... I love were this thread is going.... going to be a long one.

Anyways, Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder depending whether he/she is wearing beer goggles.

Ever been in a town with nothing but those that others would perceive as ugly? Not much to choose from...

I think it comes down to Location, Availability and Lack of Options.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
One of my pet annoyances is the reality that we base our preception of what is good and what is bad based on what the mdeia tells us. Before the advent of media our preception of beautiful was something different then it is today.

Frankly, I'm slightly bitter that 150 years ago I would have been considered a goddess and today I'm classified by our SiTc generation as "ugly".

That sounds intriuging a 150 years ago would be(calculator where are you) say 1860?

Were women of that time considered beautiful if they were very obese or something?
I remember reading something along these lines.
I remember attending a cricket match many years ago and a rather fat woman was taking up half my chair...to my eternal shame I exclaimed loudly they should have a seperate section for fat people(it was over 40 degrees celsius I had a hangover, I didnt mean to say it honest it just came out.
Now Iam six stone overweight and snore like a demented pig so Iam told.
And guess what Iam still the same idiot I was when I weighed eleven stone.
Dont fret if you are overweight ,only facists care.

<< 1   >>

join