It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot's prayer recorded on Smolensk crash black box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Pilot's prayer recorded on Smolensk crash black box

english.ruvr.ru

The flight recorders of the Polish President’s plane registered the prayer of the pilot before the Tu-154 crashed near Smolensk on April 10th killing 96 people on board. The Prosecutor General of Poland pledged to release all recordings of the pilots’ conversations. Two of the three black boxes from the presidential plane have already been deciphered and voice recordings of the third one are marred by noise and the information needs to be restored. Meanwhile, Polish experts are expected to arrive in Moscow to help identify the voices of the crew members. The content of the black boxes is t
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/20/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, here we go. I personally don't think the Russians or any other country had anything to do with this tragedy. Sometimes things just happen.

That being said, who knows. The Russians.... you just never know but I think in the long run-any involvement in this matter would be a cry to war...of some type.

It will be interesting to hear these box recordings. Sad-as always but interesting. Lets pray nothing out of the expected norm is discovered.

english.ruvr.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There is no context to the pilots prayer,Did he say it before takeoff.I dont know Polish customs so this may be normal.If he is on final approach its would be strange to be praying at that time and the ground would come up pretty quickly out of the fog usually only enough time to say Sh*t.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
For anyone who is interested in more in about the crash, I just posted a great Polish link (and translaitons) with photo's on the main crash thread found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some good stuff to go over from various sources that are over there.

here is the two photos I posted there (there are more pics there also):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2fa07e5b416.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4725e645cf17.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You don't imagine his "prayers" (and, I'm guessing, muttered under his breath) went (Oh [insert god here], let this gamble work!)??

Until I see a translation, from the Polish (or Russian), and in context, I will continue to see this as a tragfic example of....

What is known as "Get There-Itis".

Not a new phenomenom.

Actually, quite common, especially seen in 'newbies' (not the case here), and in experienced pilots, who have too much confidence......

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

From what I gathered from the PRAVDA report was the pilot was waved off, he kept going, was short of the runway-pulled up and banked to the right-that is when he hit the trees, thus causing the accident.

There are some good photos and accident maps on the thread that I post those other sources at-for that topic there (Gun shots heard etc).

My question how long was the prayer? Short or Long will tell its own story

top topics

join