It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment high for 2 MORE years, IMF predicts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Unemployment likely to remain high for two more years, IMF predicts

Economic recovery will do little to bring down unemployment rates in Europe, the United States and other developed countries for nearly two more years, the International Monetary Fund projected Wednesday in a report that highlighted the lingering challenges of the worst recession in decades.
Releasing what IMF officials called a "somber" forecast, the agency said government stimulus and other policies remain needed to offset slow private job creation -- evidence of the dilemma policymakers face as they decide whether trimming high government deficits outweighs the risk of undermining employment even further if public programs are cut.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Two years my a$$. We should be so lucky. Try ten to twenty.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
the real problem is those numbers arent the real unemployment, because when you exhaust all of your benefits you drop off the statistics and are still with out employment and the ones who do find a job arent making what they used to so they are considered under employed . so most of the numbers are lower than what they really are

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
my question to them would be

what do they know about that is gonna end
the unemployment since they are guessing
2 more yrs of it ???

I think it's just a stall tactic for the meltdown.

Looks like we're headed back to the stone age
fellows.

First thing I'm gonna do is put a patent on
fire !!!! lmao

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is the calm before the storm people. Bank of American and JP Morgan just released numbers saying that US home foreclosures are going to double by the end of 2010.

Here ya go! But we are in a jobless recovery! LOL.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yeah right!

How can people believe these phony stats?

For an example, here's the true unemployment taken right from us debt clock

It's really 17.99% !!

Don't believe any of this nonsense.

There are no real indicators that we're going to get out of this mess anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Two more years...sounds like they plan on having a president in office that can make things happen to turn the country around. Inspire Congress, inspire corporations and inspire banks to get off their lazy butts and get to work.

join