It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they question the gov't?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So, i've been thinking, about that meteor the other night, the norway spiral, things along those lines. People started to panic when they didn't know what it was. The government came up with an excuse, and they settled back down. What i don't understand is why people don't question the truth of this. It doesnt really matter if what they said is actually true or not, i just dont see why most people dont even question if the gov't is lying. Pretty much every empire in human history has become corrupt at one time, why are people so ignorant of the fact that our gov't is likely now corrupt? They have this attitude of 'well the govt said that so it must be true'

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Because working/busy people have the memory of a goldfish, unless it affects them

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't know why people don't question things. I work retail and have dealt with the public for over 20 years... far too many are mentally lazy. It's not that they are not capable, it's just that any extra effort on their part is too much effort...so leave it to somebody else.

Have you ever been in a leadership position? If so, you have seen the followers gripe about how things are going or being done...but if you stop and ask for constructive solutions or ideas...or ask who wants to run it? They generally turn away....

same with dealing with ideas, investigating and research,and even thinking....so much easier to let someone else do it for them.

One more example, I farm and also help manage a feed and seed and we sell ag and tractor parts. I have people coming in all the time looking for obscure parts to some old Farm-All tractor. I ask what model.?..don't know, it's a Farm-All. Did you look in the manual, if you have one.?..no. Did you consult the local dealer?..Yes, they can't get it....thought you would have one.

Just for fun, I looked on the internet...in less than four minutes, I had over 2million matches to FarmAll Parts, went to the first site and literally could have built one from scratch...and shipped the parts over nite. And my customer was mad at me for not stocking a selinoid switch for a Farm All Super C tractor made 50 years ago.

Long story short, most folks aren't scared of the truth, they're too lazy to seek it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

What I find funny is that those of us who are willing to take a step back and examine things from all angles, are viewed as paranoid and crazy. They say 'the government says it's true so it must be true'. Just goes to show how the 'sheeple' are.

I'm going to be perfectly honest, when I first came to ATS, I expected it to be full of paranoid nutcases who couldn't accept the real story because that is what the public perception of ATS is. Then when I sat down and read some threads, I realized how wrong I was. Sure there are crazy threads here and there, but I could not believe how much evidence there was complied. I think we just need to find a way to get people to sit down and listen. "you don't live in the world you thought you lived in. Here's why..."

top topics

join