It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Movie Minority Report becoming Reality. (Crime prediction software)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, we are coming to a very dangerous age in American History. Evidently, IBM has developed software that will predict whether a person will commit a crime.

Snippet:

The Florida State Department of Juvenile Justice says it will use predictive analytics software from IBM to foretell which of its juvenile offenders are likely to return to crime. The software, made by the SPSS division that Big Blue purchased last year, will replace Excel spreadsheets analyzed by employees. The software can look at far more data inputs and potentially handle more juvenile offenders faster than the older methods, and presumably the ability to incorporate more data points could lead to better results. Those deemed likely to re-offend are given specialized treatment.

Give me your opinions.

Source:
gigaom.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Rubbish, is all rubbish,a nd my life is proof of this.

They in uk had this tech in 1992, to use on my life.

This is only for police and government to murder who they want it does not work.

This thread has been done already, and i made a long post on why my life proves it does not work.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wow that's a scary thought. I do not believe that a computer can predict what a human will do. I think its more like they are going to profile all people and if they share a similar trait with some criminal they studied then we will be prosecuted without a crime being committed.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With 600,000+ laws on the books how can one NOT commit a crime? There basically is nothing one can do without breaking one of those regulations.

Welcome to 1984 where thought crime is punishable. Sad world we live in.

new topics

top topics

join