It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fashion - Military Drab -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I took my Mom Shopping at the Milennia Mall in Orlando. and I was floored looking at all the made to be cool Uniform attire - and this was a very high end store.
so why would military rags from the late 60's be high fashion>?
they have alot invested in this motiffe and to me I wouldnt buy any of it.
bad purchasing department or Fashion Dead buyer or something bigger...? a foot

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Nothing is a foot. Welcome to the world of fashion. Fashion industry is in to make money. Military type attire has been "in" for a long time. Though it does come and go, all fasion makes a repeat.

To each their own when it comes to style. But I dont see anything odd about this.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Major is pleased that he is once again on the cutting edge. A trend setter. For years the Major has lectured the troops on the merits of olive drab, including it's pleasing to the eye qualities. Couple that with the utilitarian cut and fit of BDU's and you have a fashion statement that you can march all day in, ands still have an ensemble that you can dig a foxhole in. Yes, the Major is a fetching fellow in his olive drab.

Dismissed.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hmmm... I'm trying to locate what path your taking, do you suggest the possibility that the fashion industry is partaking in a plot to De-sensitize the public as far as seeing military wear daily?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That or is making another statement by dengrading uniforms... it all depends on how you look at it. anti-establishment or desensitizing the population. either way, these rags were a hard sell at 40$ a tee shirt.
$110 for wore out camo's

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think you could be right op. there might be something up here.

would make an interesting book.

Military using youth to subconscious advertise the army.

would need more than clothes though.to grab my attention.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've been wearing camo cargo shorts for years...camo goes with anything. Or at least I keep telling myself that.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

No conspiracy here ... fashion has been influenced from many areas, throughout history. I mean, how long has the pea coat been around in it's various forms? 1700's? The cardigan sweater evolved from something a military commander wore in the crimean war .... on and on it goes. If you look into fashion (which I really dont, just remember certain highlights) you will find that many of today's staples/standards/classics/basics were all derived in some way, from functional military basics, back in the day...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
That or is making another statement by dengrading uniforms... it all depends on how you look at it. anti-establishment or desensitizing the population. either way, these rags were a hard sell at 40$ a tee shirt.
$110 for wore out camo's

Meh....take your kid shopping at Goodwill. You can buy the same outfit for about $5.00 there, and since the new ones are worn out too, nobody will ever know!

new topics

top topics

join