It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Poll: 1 in 10 say they're Tea Party activists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A new CNN national poll has found some 1 in 10 people identify with the Tea Parties. However, the poll may not reinforce current stereotypes.

Often the trend it to paint all of those associated with the tea parties with the same broad brush of as uneducated far right loons. However, the poll found...

CNN Poll: 1 in 10 say they're Tea Party activists

Ten percent of Americans say they have actively supported the Tea Party movement, and those Tea Party activists are older, better educated and more religious than the general public, according to a new national poll.

The poll indicates that 60 percent of this core group of Tea Party activists are male, six in ten are over the age of 50, two-thirds attended college, and half say they attend church services weekly or almost every week. By comparison, 48 percent of all Americans are male, 45 percent are age 50 or older, 54 percent attended college, and four in ten go to church every week or nearly every week.

So, does that sound like how the tea party activists are usually portrayed?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I reckon thats about right

1 in 10 polled will end up being a far right loon

80% of the tea party are republicans (the rest are pretend independents, and pretend democrats). They are what they are

Also, it would be interesting to see how many in the tea party are from the Ron Paul's version of the Tea Party and who is the Sarah Palin Teatards

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well even at the end Bush had about 20% support so if 10% of pop are teabaggers then I am surprised I expected that looney 20% still.

join