It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punishment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Okay so I was sitting here reading the BNP website and I began to think about a way to deter crime and it occured to me a way to stop burglary, theft, etc...

Lets say someone stole $4,000 worth of goods from innocent persons home. They get caught by the police their punishment will of course be prison time AND the government will return all stolen goods to the victims then take $4,000 of goods away from you. Like enter your home and take your television, sofa, microwave, oven, beds, etc... until that $4,000 is returned and it will be invested into the cost of their prison sentence.

What do you think? I know the libertarians will go mad but it's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Not bad....but i believe if someone is burglarizing someones house, they probably dont have $4000 worth of items or even a home! well, at least out here in los angeles anyway lol...i think your idea would work better for more blue-collar crimes rather than burglary, etc....i'll give you a star and flag...Peace and Respect!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I agree. I think that there already is something like that. I think you have to pay restitution and court costs. Im not sure if it goes to the victim though. Most of the time in this scenario Im sure the victim wouldnt see a dime from their perpetrator.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Personally, employing enough police to start to attempt to prevent crime would be where I'd start

Then doing something to reduce the cr*p society we all live in would be high on my list... put a bit of respect back into people, not just in their fellow humans but in themselves, and attempt to create more a family/community enviroment that type of thing..

All those things in my mind go a long way to sorting out the crime issues..

We then need to deal with the scumbags that are left with decent consistent laws and sentancing.. not this half hearted and unfair approach we use now..

At the moment the system sucks lemons, and new laws won't change that.

[edit on 15/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
They should be put in chain gangs till their debt to society is paid off, theres enough work helping old folk and cleaning the streets to be done, or failing that.....OFF WITH THEIR BALLS *snip snip *

top topics

join