It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at Nasa's unmanned aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hi all,

I came across this on my normal lunch trawl of the net and thought it was cool enough to post a thread on it here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c66c1b26fcec.jpg[/atsimg]

The following BBC article has video and explains what’s inside the craft, which I haven't seen previously when looking at these unmanned probes.

A look at Nasa's unmanned aircraft

Nasa has successfully started flying unmanned aircraft to carry out environmental research. The space agency has acquired three Global Hawk drones from the United States Air Force.

They're designed to fly at very high altitudes for extended periods of time. Peter Bowes has been to see one the planes, in its hangar at Nasa's Dryden Flight Research Centre in California's Mojave Desert.

The Global Hawk is Soooo Coool.... But will this new super efficient eye in the sky be connected to the Cell network to be able to watch individuals?????

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Who knows, it could also be used to be sent into tall buildings and then say: It was someone else.

Or to leave chem-trails in our air, etc...
Sky's the limit, they say.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thats interesting Korg! These drones are really becoming a big part of the future of our flight programs (servailance etc.) Lets just hope they aren't looking for us! S&F4U

-E-

[edit on 14-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Thats interesting Korg! These drones are really becoming a big part of the future of our flight programs (servailance etc.) Lets just hope they aren't looking for us! S&F4U

-E-

Thanks for the s&f

Yeah I have to say these unmanned craft are something else.

I wonder at the technology as these drones appear to be able to react on the fly (pun intended) to random situations.

How long will it be before all vehicles will be autonomous?

All the best,

Korg.

top topics

join