It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Fox Pundit Claims Ron Paul Stole Straw Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
"when ron Paul is behind Mitt Romney you know these things arn't that accurate"

really" so Ron Paul who had the BEST approval in the country.(it is in the high eighties last I checked) They think ron paul is buying vots? really?LMAO. wow fox i knew you were shill but WOW! face it man Ron Paul a constitutionalists American loving man is winning. face it. stop crying like spoiled 4th grader who did not get picked class president and grow up.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I don't even know why Ron Paul is in the Republican party - can anyone explain that for me?

[edit on 13/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Ron Paul runs as a Republican because he is a true republican , unlike the neo-cons we see today.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I think he would achieve more if he switched allegiances, and crossed over to the Libertarian or Constitutionalist Party.

Sometimes I wonder if The Powers That Be, just let him float around in the Republican party as a focal point for public-outrage-venting. People see him on TV regularly and think its okay because a sane voice is still in the midst. They end up voting Republican and Ron Paul is pushed aside again.

Does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

It happens every time Ron Paul supporters do make a unproportional amount of the votes.So in effect they rig the results when it comes to votes for republican convention the numbers are never that high.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well, if the tickets were 130, and he bought them for that, and was selling them to his fans for 95, then i guess that means he cares about his supporters walfare more than any other.

When it comes down to it, they still spent a bill on the ticket.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There are some days where I think ATS should be renamed the Ron Paul Anti-Defamation League. As soon as anyone says anything other than to beatify the sainthood of Representative Paul, one would think they had blasphemed.

I've also got to question the idea that Paul is a "real true Republican." I don't see too much of Goldwater or Regan in his ideas, more just corporatist libertarianism really.

Bow down and worship Paul if you want to, but remember this wasn't even a primary, just a straw poll, in the race for the republican nomination, this has no effect what so ever. Just remember to take it for what it is worth, alright mates?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
i voted for Ron Paul last election
and I will do so again
even if his name is not on the ballot
he will be a write in

but I have to tell ya
if he was to ever win it

I'd probably $h!t myself
no seriously

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
I don't even know why Ron Paul is in the Republican party - can anyone explain that for me?

Because he is a brand meant to bring in a segment of conservative voters to the Republican party.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Precisely hence why I put forward this.

I think he would achieve more if he switched allegiances, and crossed over to the Libertarian or Constitutionalist Party.

Sometimes I wonder if The Powers That Be, just let him float around in the Republican party as a focal point for public-outrage-venting. People see him on TV regularly and think its okay because a sane voice is still in the midst. They end up voting Republican and Ron Paul is pushed aside again.

Hes just a vent.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Bow down and worship Paul if you want to, but remember this wasn't even a primary, just a straw poll, in the race for the republican nomination, this has no effect what so ever. Just remember to take it for what it is worth, alright mates? Text

A politician who is one of the few left with a consistent record, no glaring black marks or scandals on his record to speak of is not worthy of our support? A person who seems to have integrity and some kind of interest in what's best for the American people is not worth our support? Well, I don't know what country you live in, but here in the U.S., he's a welcome change from the norm. Support does not = worship. It's just support, and he's earned the respect of many based on his actions because they don't contradict his words.

How would you determine a solid candidate if not by the points I've indicated above? I'm all ears . . . well, eyes, actually...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Because it's one of the two major parties, thus has more money than any third party could possibly have...combined. He takes from the GOP's coffers to run his re-election campaigns.

This is exactly why you will never see the success of a third party to any meaningful scale. Even those who 'oppose' both parties are choosing (D) or (R). Once they have party recognition they have financial backing.

Check the lists of 9/12 candidates or 'TEA party' candidates in your local elections, now consider how many are running as a republican rather than a libertarian or constitutionalist.

Money=Power, Karl Marx warned against it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Like I said in my other posts - If Ron Paul did switch, there probably would be a half decent turn out, and there very well might be a third party in congress. Or how ever your weird system works.

He has enough clout to ride on his name alone now I would think...

top topics

join