It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatian girl switches to speaking in German after waking from coma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The brain is said to retain vast amounts of information even though we dont use it. It only keeps handy what is regularly needed, and everything else is stored. But the color of that one ford on the interstate 5 weeks ago is not needed information, but the brain still stores it.

You don't know that this girl hasn't heard Germans talk before, visited there, or has a German friend or relative. If she heard conversations, and taken a few classes, rewiring to regain all that info is perfectly possible.

There is a lot of truth to this. They say the best way to learn something is to have it played for you via audio over and over again while you are asleep. I've always meant to try it but never got around to it.

Sorry to tell you but this is not true. You can try it if you like but you won't learn anything you didn't already know before you fell asleep.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by herbivore
Well, since nobody mentioned this, I will.
All of us have different ancestors, right? How different? Well, simply put one seed of wheat on a the first chess board field. That is you. Put two in the next - those are your parents. Continue putting double amount on each next field and you will have problems very soon with the space. So, you can use the calculator. Let's try a thousand years. if each generation had children on the average at the age of 25 (now young, but in the not so distant past, this was actually above average), if w divide 1000 by 25 we get 40. So, try, on your calculator to multiply by 2 40 times. This is the number of your ancestors in the last 1000 years. I know that people have been marrying with cousins (where I come from, it has been a strict rule not to marry your fifth cousin or closer). So your total number of ancestors is somewhat smaller, it may be hard to calculate. Still, this is a huge number, just for a thousand years. What about two thousand, three thousand? We will not even go there.
So, where do I go with this is obvious: Why is it not possible, and LOGICAL, that we may have some information passed on to us THROUGH OUR GENES? Why is it not even discussed, and all "scientific" solutions are mentioned?
They could even check the DNA of the girl and see if they can see some germanic origin (at least they claim they can do that, I am no expert).

So, my idea is that she simply has a part of her brain damaged, and her brain simply looked for the closest, most similar well preserved piece of usable code and - found it!

I can't wait for a bunch of "scientific" skeptics (on duty and amateurs) who will now proclaim this utter nonsense....and I will not argue. I just wrote this as I think it may be interesting to some members here. I have no illusion that I can beat the mainstream, nor will I ever try to. That is beyond my abilities.

I just wanted to transfer this to the next page, as I think it is interesting. I hope somebody will read it....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It appears that the girl's frequency changed and her aura was attached to by a ghost from a previous life, which caused her brain to overload sub-consciously with information that was already there. This was all helped because her DNA is of germanic origin.

... because that's what I'm reading in this thread.

HEY, MAYBE AN ALIEN NANOBOT GOT ABSORBED THROUGH HER SKIN WHILE SHE WAS IN A COMA AND IT PHYSICALLY REWIRED HER NEURONS AND IMPLANTED MEMORIES IN HER AFTER TRAVELING THROUGH A WORM-HOLE FROM A PARALLEL UNIVERSE WHERE THEY SPEAK GERMAN IN SPACE.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
A few posters have knocked it on the head for me. Apologies for the lack of quotes but an abridged version being:

1) The "fluency" has been exaggerated (makes a good story)
2) The saturation of German language in Croatian culture (as a Croation member on here mentioned)
3) We know she already was studying German prior to coma (again, "just started" may be an exaggeration to make a good story)

Seems the most likely scenario. Nothing to do with "frequencies", "past lives" or anything else of that ilk.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by john_bmth]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

There are a few possible explanations as I see it:
1) HOAX
2) Past life
3) Her sub-concious has learned how to speak German

I go for 2 and 3.

I'd say her subconscious already knew how to speak German. Probably from a past life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join