It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger mounts as US troops kill 4 Afghans on bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan – Afghans burned tires and chanted "Death to America" after U.S. troops fired Monday on a civilian bus near Kandahar, killing four people and wounding more than a dozen. Afghanistan's president accused NATO of violating its commitment to safeguard civilian lives.

The attack enraged Afghan officials and the public in Kandahar, the Taliban's birthplace, and dealt a blow to U.S. and NATO efforts to win popular support for a coming offensive to drive the insurgents from the biggest city in the south. NATO expressed regret for the loss of civilian lives and said it was investigating.

Full article here:news.yahoo.com...

Why are we firing on what seems to be obviously a civilian bus?
There are apparently conflicting reports as to what actually happened. Big surprise huh?

We are officially saying it refused to stop at a checkpoint after being flagged down and flares set off. And then continued on at a high rate of speed.

A survivor stated though this wasn't even close to the truth.

One of the survivors, Rozi Mohammad, told The Associated Press at Kandahar hospital that the bus had just left a terminal when it pulled over to the side of the road to allow an American convoy to pass. Shooting broke out as the third or fourth American vehicle passed by, he said.

"They just suddenly opened fire. I don't know why. We had been stopped and after that I don't know what happened," said Mohammad, his left eye swollen shut and his beard and clothing matted with blood.

There needs to be a full investigation into this. But I'm sure if it really was our troops who fired at a civilian bus, it will be covered up as usual.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

There needs to be a full investigation into this. But I'm sure if it really was our troops who fired at a civilian bus, it will be covered up as usual.

By full investigation, you mean...a full spin job, right?

The government is pretty much with the philosophy of "pix or it didn't happen" at this point.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Puppet soldiers who carry out terrorists acts
from a tyrannical foreign government.

That makes the leaders of that government
terrorists themselves.

Folks, how long are we gonna let this
shi+ stand???

til our cities have been nuked and wipe out
90% of our population. When are the sheeple
gonna wake up???

I am sick of this crap.