It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skrimish sports besides the popular ones?? Know of any?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Does anyone know any kind of skrimish sports besides, Airsoft, Paintball an Lasertag?? If anyone knows of any can they please post some.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
LARPing, but I wouldn't technically call it a sport.

It's definitely skirmish though.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
braveheart is a fun one. get two teams to stand on opposite ends of a football field.Each team can equip themselves with blunt weapons like baseball bats. Whe the wistle blows everyone rushes into the middle and fights. The team that has the most people able to walk at the end of a 5 min round wins.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
British Bulldogs
As a dad, I'm sort of glad that this game isn't played much anymore, or at least in the same way as it was when I was a kid. Then again, being the 1st bulldog facing 30-40 people, when the rules are that you have to floor someone for them to be considered caught, is definitely "character building", especially when you're playing on the street. The trouble was it used to lead to resentments & fights later, but on the whole, I think its a healthy activity, so long as its not supervised: the whole point being that it is a violent game, you shouldn't volunteer to play if you cant handle that & "rules" & their interpretation are the product of negotiation.
TBH, I cant imagine many professional atheletes that could deal with this game, nor many adults: you have to be young enough to bounce when you hit the ground!

top topics

join