It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's in controll? The Church, law enforcement or the Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
First off I would like to let everyone know I am a firm believer in freedom of religion, I’m not catholic or Christian myself. I do not wish to offend anyone and I apologize if I do. Today I got thinking on this and for the life of me I could not figure it out. I strongly dislike the long OPs with “what do you guys think?” attached at the end of them but I would like some insight on this issue.
Please be civil in responses I could really care less if you think religion is all bunk and I do not wish to read over large amounts of copy pasted bible passages that have little nothing to do with the topic at hand. I do not wish to turn this into a religion war.

So over the past couple weeks we (those who keep up on the news) have all undoubtedly heard the media turning up the heat on the Catholic Church, the pedophiles within and the church’s actions that have been taken to cover up the misdeeds of evil men. My heart goes out to the victims of this and the members of that faith that feel shaken by the allegations.
If the claims of abuse are true or not really have nothing to do with the problem im having understanding right now, someone is saying “they did it”.
So here is the problem.
A priest commits illegal acts with a minor after that the parents talk to the church about it. The church responds by having the accused priest moved to another church where he (by what I’m starting to see) does it again. This goes on in a vicious cycle. Every once in a while you will hear about the church paying out settlements and the cycle is broken, the priest as his punishment is defrocked. When priests are not defrocked we hear about how they should be by the new and radio personalities.
Do you see the problem here? At which point does law enforcement step in? This just leads me to believe there is something going on behind the scenes. And I can only thing of a few things, but something is either getting covered up or not being done.
So do you think?
The media is not covering the stories about the priests being jailed because connection to the media or some other unknown reason.
Law enforcement not acting on these crimes because of church ties or unknown reason.
The church allegations are not as widespread as the media would have us believe and the stories are being aired to take attention away from something else.
I would like to see if some others had any idea of might really be going on and who is doing what to see why not all of these priests go to jail.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Who is in control? The rich, the rulers and oppressors of the world.

This includes all churches and all governments.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
1) Media
2) Church
3) Stay away from LE. In the end they will be the ultimate authority when we have no media and can't get to Church.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Good questions to ponder. You basically describe three pillars of society in the spiritual, commercial and order/governance areas. The fact that you'd think to question that any of these three might be in charge is significant. Their influences on your existence has entered your consciousness, media/commerce is the responsible element that has given rise to the number and quality of things that catch our attention. Newton was a genius because he had a thought that the apples fall for a reason and didn't naturally assume that it was food from heaven or some other belief, but the idea, the question of an actual cause-and-effect was inspired. I subscribe to the notion that society is experiencing an evolutionary shift and despite the best efforts of history's most adept social controllers, there's nobody at the wheel and it's going to be a bumpy ride - if control is attempted with any vigor. Ride the wave, strap yourself to the mast and hope for the best!

gj

new topics

top topics

join