It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help with decoding the past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was at an Atlanta war cemetery taking pictures when I came across this gravestone PIC When I walked around it the entire stone was filled with this persons accomplishments.

WWII bronze star, Vietnam Silver star, 4 Purple hearts, plus so many other things that I cannot remember. I was in so much awe that I guess I didn't think to take a picture of the other side of the gravestone.

I am really interested in what this person has accomplished, can any internet snoops help?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.army.mil...

Link is to a PDF that shows a Major Wilford A. Phelps receiving a Silver Star for actions in Vietnam as part of a special forces platoon. Second Page, under Section III.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the help, but I honestly do not think this is the right person. The gravestone listed so many decorations it filled it from top to bottom.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I enjoyed the challenge!
[Took me a little while though as I approached it from the wrong angle at 1st
]

It IS Lt. Colonel Wilford Alex Phelps! John_Brown is TOTALLY Correct! They earned a St*r!

gravelocator.cem.va.gov...

Enter the following details...

Last name: Phelps

First name: Wilford

Middle Name: Alex

Date of Birth: 11/03/1939

Date of Death: 06/18/1986

He would probably of been a Major when he earned his Silver Star!

www.homeofheroes.com...

[Ctrl+f and search for Wilford Alex Phelps]

gravelocator.cem.va.gov...

Your Picture would have been taken in Section A [Site 739-A] of the MARIETTA NATIONAL CEMETERY whilst looking NW and in the mid to late afternoon, within 10yards of 33 57 04.65 N 84 32 33.00 W with an elevation of 1162ft [+/-5ft] above sea level!

Personal Disclosure: Your WW2 Bronze Star comment has to be a complete furphy as he was born in 1939 when WW2 started!

I couldn't find anything at all about this person at wikipedia!

Then I dug a little deeper and came up with...

www.veromi.com...

... and then it occured to me that if he were still alive that he would be about 70yrs old and that lead me to...

www.veromi.net... 00002

www.veromi.net... 00002

www.veromi.net... 0002

And my Favorite...

www.veromi.net... 00002

Marietta, GA???
And a man with that name is buried at MARIETTA NATIONAL CEMETERY in GA!!!

And its very close to Roswell! OMFG!
I know its not Roswell New Mexico but its a Roswell none the less and my conspiratorial mind is working in overdrive now!

Edited spelling Fail.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Great research Omega, it sure does sound like "my guy". You are correct about Marrieta GA, that is where I took the pic. I do find it incredible as to how much a single person can accomplish even in death, hey I did start this thread
I bet he would of had some very interesting stories to tell over a pint.

Hats off to both of ya

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Phlegmi]

new topics

top topics

join