It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric type convulsions, white light during meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
For some reason when I meditate, I get these huge convulsions and shake wildly, not like you're probably thinking though. i used to shake during meditation, but recently I shake at a while new level to the point where my head sways violently and very fast from side to side (left to right as I lie down) and I can actually feel and hear my mouth and lips smack as I sway so fast. I've discussed this briefly before, but it just started occurring then and I could not describe it as well as I can now.

I used to stop or slow down my meditation, but recently I have let it go on its own until it is ready to stop. The results have been a deeper meditation. Yesterday I felt like my body was rising, or floating. I began to feel weightless. It was pretty awesome.

Today, I began having the same convulsions and electric-like spasms when I tried to focus it all around by naval area. This relieved the shaking somewhat, but it didn't really seem to have much of an affect. Then I relaxed again in a trance and as the shaking to occur again, I decided to just let it go naturally as I did yesterday. Eventually, I stopped shaking and relaxed in a trance and then saw bright white light when my eyes were closed and a tingling sensation occurred over my entire body. It probably lasted for about 10-15 seconds. The sensation felt great and made me happy.

I was wondering if anyone at all could tell me what is going on? I feel like these very wild and fast electric convulsions are helping me get into a deeper state, and the floating feeling yesterday and the brightness and tingling today were awesome, but I'll admit to being unsure of what this all means. This isn't the normal shaking during meditation some experience, as it is much more intense. Any help or information would be appreciated.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hmm, have you researched astal travel or out of body experiences at all? This sounds like what might be about to happen to you. Ecspecially with the vibrations. I would look into that.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

In a spiritual sense. Maybe read up about Kundalini energy because it sounds like you're feeling pretty tuned in.

If it was pleasurable - then learn to appreciate it and think good thoughts for other people too. Spread the good vibes so to speak.

Sometimes i get a 'spasm' of pleasure up my spine and into my shoulders for no real reason. Like the feeling of having a really good stretch.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Those are the blockages clearing out -- the tingling sensation is the electrochemical energy called "proprioreception" by science. So first you clear out the electrochemical blockages and during this time there's a lot of physical movement since it's a less refined state of energy. Then the electromagnetic energy increases after the electrochemical has built up -- so you get more electromagnetic sensations -- this is the chi or prana. After that builds up then you get the light sensation which will be the final stage of the meditation -- the spirit light or shen in Taoism or shakti in Indian yoga.

So that's a good sign that the meditation session cleared out the blockages and when you experience the light with it comes the bliss and then you'll get visions, etc.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hey, I totally understand what you are saying about the swaying thing. Recently in my meditations, i feel so much energy well up inside me that I can't help but sway back and forth. It's really cool.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I just started meditation a couple days ago and I lied down in bed at 2 am this morning and woke up at 6:30 completely full of energy.

I have to say is the utmost odd experience, since i have been under the weather for the past couple days.

I had to meditate to get to sleep last night, I couldn't fall asleep.

Maybe play some music?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Caffeine, sugar, salt, alcohol, stress -- all these things which make up civilization are based on increasing the dopamine levels in the body. Dopamine is made from adrenaline -- but meditation is based on relaxation -- the parasympathetic nervous system.

The relaxation increases the conversion of serotonin into melatonin which is what is created during dreamless sleep -- it's the most powerful antioxidant. This is why meditation helps sleep and sleep is natural meditation.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

I've known about meditation, just started it due to sickness

I will likely keep it going.

I knew about the sleep being natural meditation.

Thanks for the other info

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

So you've seen the John Chang video?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

No I have not heard of him, thanks he is an inspiration!

Maybe I will be like him some day

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
what i wanna know is what is happening when the vision behind your eyes goes bright white ... this has happened to me a couple of times and ive always had the feeling to keep going but i back off when i get to the pure white part just like a scared reaction kinda thing.

is this normal, its so weird to have your eyes closed and see nothing but white ... what should i do at this point any advice ??

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

The light seen is what science calls biophotons. It's assumed we receive light within from outside but the question is who are we to perceive light. The experience is light itself -- neither outside nor inside. Some say that when you see internal light it's just because the visual cortex in the back of the brain has been activated. Others might say it's because the pineal gland not only can pick up external light but can amplify it through a piezoelectric transduction. Others might say the brain waves have synchronized to create a coherency that is like a laser.

The light is healing energy -- but if you feel like the energy is too powerful in your brain then you can focus your mind on the lower energy field -- below and behind the belly button. This is where the electromagnetic energy is safely stored as the foundation for the body.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

thanks mate,
its more of a shock thing that i back off more then anything else im only new to this and it just started happening one day ... when i got the bright white light the first time i freaked and opened my eyes and to be totally honest it looked like everything in the room was vibrating really really fast and started to slowed down after about 2 secs of having my eyes open ... now i dunno if that was just because i had my eyes closed for so long or what ... it was just weird to me

do u have any advice of what i should actually do when i get this "white out" scenario

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Try to feel sensations about 2 inches below and behind your navel. That is where you can store the light or spirit energy. The final advanced level is where you can actually see inside your body and also see inside other people and then do long distance healing.

springforestqigong.com... Chunyi Lin can do this.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

In a spiritual sense. Maybe read up about Kundalini energy because it sounds like you're feeling pretty tuned in.

If it was pleasurable - then learn to appreciate it and think good thoughts for other people too. Spread the good vibes so to speak

Funny you mention that because after it occurred and I was still sitting there in a trance state I started thinking of hugging those close to me. I even thought of a couple of people I have trouble communicating with and thought of just accepting them and embracing them. Guess I did the right thing!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Awesome

I now have a teacher

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShilohGirl
Hmm, have you researched astal travel or out of body experiences at all? This sounds like what might be about to happen to you. Ecspecially with the vibrations. I would look into that.

I have astrally traveled in the dream state, and it is pretty sweet. I have been attempting to do it in meditation and that is how the convulsing started (from trying the sit-up method). Now the convulsing just happens on its own. I feel like I came really close to making it happen on command yesterday, and I mean really close. Today not so much, but I had the white light experience.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
WOW nice thread! Help me so much, I knew nothing about this white light but last Thursday I was meditating using breath control and oh boy it happened!!! I felt like I was being lifted out of my chair and pulled towards these white rays or laser Lights. It first felt like droplets of water then it just rush down from my head to my toes.

I had to stop because for one, I wasn't sure I was in control of what was happing and two I start feeling, well I guess kinda like sea sick or motion sickness. I crawled out of the chair I was siting in onto the floor in my office. Everything look very wired but I couldn't really focus on my surroundings because I was try not to Puke all over the place!

Freaked out and confused I got my trusty laptop out, did a lil search and Abrahadabra Your thread pops up, WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!!!

edit on 7/22/2011 by XcLuciFer because: (no reason given)

top topics

join